Sign in to follow this  
SSH83

vella puzzle help? (potential spoiler?)

So I think i need to smell a certain way to progress. I can think of a couple ways to achieve that goal but none of them seems to match Tim's idea. Grr... This is why I hate adventure game puzzles, when I can think of so many good solutions but game doesn't accept any of them.

The maidens have the right smell, but they won't give it to you. Get an object from the guardians of the dead eye god, use that object on the fish guts close to the maidens. Than use the object on the maidens.

What about the rotted bed? I got stuck on this.

Is something related to the ladder? (I already indicated it to the guardians and the rotted part is missing).

You mean the riddle in Shellmound temple? You need to go back to- aw man I forgot the name, the place in the clouds. You have to go to the big tree (past the big blue bird that saved you earlier; the same place where you find Gus earlier), click on a low hanging branch on the left side, and pick up fruit from down below, then take it to the guardians.

Wow! That's it? A little detail indeed. I tried even many times clicking in those branches and nothing happened.

I hope there isn't a bug on my version.

Well, I might remember it wrong, but it's possible that you didn't notice the fruit falling? You have to click on the lowest branch on the left; then Vella climbs on it or something and shakes the branch, which makes the fruit fall. But the fruit falls through the clouds, onto the roots level, and you need to drop down there next to the tree trunk and then go left to pick it up, and it will be in a nest. What I mean is that the fruit won't be lying on the cloud surface.

Thanks it worked.

I had to shake the branch like 4 times and then the fruit drops. Beat the game and waiting for act 2.