Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lahnee

***SPOILERS***Meriloft Character Development

After you solve the puzzle to get the ladder down to the ground and bust through Curtis' roof, you are still able to return to the Cloud Colony (even though you've apparently killed F'ther and stranded Lightbeard on top of the guard tower), so why are there no new dialogue options for any of the characters? Carol and Maggie both want to leave Meriloft, so why don't they at their first available opportunity? I thought it would have been very funny if they had piled down the ladder as part of the cutscene after Vella breaks the platform as the father tries to convince them to come back. Maggie has even claimed to have tried to escape before, so why doesn't Vella tell her the good news about the ladder when she goes back?

I had to go back up to get the puzzle solution and I was very excited to see how things had changed, but I had already exhausted all the dialogue options so when I talked to them all I got were the "goodbye" lines. Before this they had interacted with Vella somewhat like real people and now it felt like they were animatronic puppets that had short circuited and stopped working. It was eerie and disappointing. Did anyone else feel this way upon returning to Meriloft?

Yep, it was a little disappointing indeed... I felt the same as you :)

I can only hope that in Act 2 we'll see more action/interaction in the Cloud Colony with Shay!

Yes, it was disappointing, because I really liked those characters, but they didn't have much to say. Its my main problem with Act I: very few areas, too empty, not enough dialog and interaction.

Imagine if Tim planned this all along... and the big reveal of Act 2 will be that Vella's world is the simulation, not Shay's ;)

Imagine if Tim planned this and the big reveal of Act 2 will be that Vella's world is the simulation, not Shay's ;)

Mind. Blown.

Sign in to follow this