Sign in to follow this  
nighthawk469

[Suggestion] Pendleton Ward Puzzle

Well no, as I said, if you are having this discussion without deluding yourselves that it will still change anything then by all means, carry on :)

I, too, accidentally solved this puzzle during my first playthrough; I heard the guy calling for help, looked at the position of the subtitles, and picked the fallthrough point where he would be. I was completely unaware that I could even talk to him until my second playthrough when I figured I'd try going down before falling in the hole.

I also found it strange that, having not yet talked to the guy, he casually said "Oh, hey Vella" on the way back up via the Whoops-a-Birdy, but the problem was that I had misread the bird's name, Vera.

I actually didn't figure out how to solve this puzzle, and after trying to figure it out for about 30 minutes, I gave up and looked for the solution online.

Well no, as I said, if you are having this discussion without deluding yourselves that it will still change anything then by all means, carry on :)

yeah just mental exercise kind of a thing.

Not a bug but a disappointing puzzle choice. Behind Jesse in the fruit tree area, I could hear Pendleton Ward shouting, and I got really excited because I wanted to experience his dialog tree! He was calling to anybody “above” and I knew that I could fall through cloud holes from before so I decided to fall through the cloud hole near the tree. The path towards Pendleton along the tree root wasn’t obvious to me so I went back up the tree trunk.

I still heard him calling so I tried falling down the cloud hole to the right of the tree to try and find him. …. Little did i know that was actually the puzzle solution itself, which knocked Pendleton Ward off the tree and sent him away, never to be seen again :(

Just disappointing how that puzzle could be solved by pure accident.

Thanks for fully describing this. I also accidentally solved this puzzle, and then spent quite a while searching Meriloft for Gus hoping to interact with him, to no avail. Now I know what to do on my next playthru to get to talk to him :-)

Oh weird, I did miss Gus entirely on my first playthrough as well. I didn't recognize his voice, so I didn't even think there was missed interaction there.

Sign in to follow this