Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Zonr_0

Favorite Joke? (Spoilers!)

Out of curiosity, what was everybody's favorite joke(s)?

For me it's a toss up between basically everything the spoon and knife said, and almost everything Curtis said (a wonderful performance by mister Wheaton!)

My favourite was when the knife flew away and shouted like "Now I can cut the infinity of space!" or something to that effect.

I have a few favourites:

* Just for the excellent comic delivery I really like on the train: "This is a terrible thing to happen to us. Especially as it seems so preventable"

* The spoon monologue if you leave it on the table.

* Basically anything the knife says

* "heck, let's just call a death ray a death ray"

The Irony of how Grabbin' Gary refuses to grab pretty much anything.

Or even more so, Shay seems to be aware of what Grabbin' Gary wants to grab and what he doesn't want to grab.

ya pretty much anything that the knitted buddies said was kind of hilarious...

Oh ya and the Marek's crochet comment too... don't know why but that reminded me of Monkey Island's jokes a bit (slightly cynical)

I don't remember the exact dialogue, and I think it was with the empty tear gas container but possibly not... but you ask Curtis if he has any tear gas and he replies something like "uhhhh.... that's a WEIRD question." It's a really great delivery by Wil Wheaton and it made me laugh a lot. In fact WW was the surprise line-stealer for me overall.

The guards have some great rationalizations involving dead fish rising from the sea when you tell them chum is the answer to the riddle.

And the knife dialogue ChrisMacDee mentioned.

I think for me it's a tie between the series of stool jokes, and some of the lines from the knife and spoon when you tried to use them on things, particularly if you tried to use them on Shay.

I think what really sold a lot of the jokes was the stellar performances from the cast. We knew going in that the casting was top notch, but still, Khris's direction and Tim's writing really brought out the best in just about everybody!

Out of curiosity, what was everybody's favorite joke(s)?

For me it's a toss up between basically everything the spoon and knife said, and almost everything Curtis said (a wonderful performance by mister Wheaton!)

absolutely Curtis! hahahahaha. man it would never occur to me to write a lumberjack like a hipster. haha. but it's such a perfect idea!

on a related note, do you think hipsters are self aware enough to be self loathing? I mean, they hate the cliche and unoriginal. They crave to be the first to like something before it becomes mainstream. And yet, they are unoriginal cliches of the mainstream. Are they wearing their identity ironically as well?

BEAST HOOKER !! So good. I died laughing and had to stop playing for a while.

Of course the stool jokes - and especially coming from Curtis, who is so much like Kris P from Capy.

Using knife on one of the knitted things, Shay:"I don't really want to cut him", Knife: "I would"

This was mine. There are definitely four or five other parts I laughed out loud at, but I can only think of this one now.

I spent a lot of time grinning during the dialog with Curtis. It's not so much what he said, but rather Wil Wheaton's amazing delivery. Well, there were also all of the stool lines. I've seen enough jokes in that vein on TableTop to wonder how many of those lines were in the script he was given to read and how many were ad-libs.

Having Shay go back to mission areas when they weren't actively being used was fun.

I also enjoyed the knife's cutting humor.

I loved standing around and listening to all the things Harm'ny yells down, after you crash in Curtis' house and go back up the ladder to Merriloft.

That and all the lines about the good stool Curtis' felt coming. Wil really had the perfect voice for that character :D

I loved standing around and listening to all the things Harm'ny yells down, after you crash in Curtis' house and go back up the ladder to Merriloft.

Oh, man, I must have missed that. I specifically went back up there to see if there was any new dialogue, but I must not have been standing around long enough to trigger that.

I knew the lunberjack was going to be in the game, but I had no idea they made him a hipster, too. So during the "art piece" dialogue, I was in stitches.

Also: "Suffocating... In space... Totally... Worth it."

I laughed out loud at the sequence when you break the cycle on the train mission:

"Shay, what were you thinking?"

"You could have saved us so easily!"

"I'm sure he had his reasons!"

Shay: "Wooo! Ha ha ha!"

(screams of terror)

*shot of spikes*

(screams of terror)

*shot of spikes*

(screams)

*spikes*

*GLINT*

That's the point I first just laughed out loud during this game. The escalating speed of the cuts back and forth were already cracking me up, and the glint on the spikes just pushed me over the edge.

Trying to use the spoon on Shay:

Shay: I should really use this on food, not myself.

Spoon: As you command, sir. But I'm up for anything.

Sign in to follow this