Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
drops

Plot Holes & Peaches

Woodman mentioned his ex-girlfriend Becky and she's mentioned again as the author of the Yarn puzzle. But where is she?

the other thing I found odd about the Peach was, that I didn't get the peach before going down. So I was stuck getting into the pyramid. I think there should be some sort of hint why the peaches would be found in cloud colony on the tree.

also the farthest person tracking away from the pyramid who has a hint is woodman. All cloud colony folk have nothing to say to you about the peaches or the riddle.

when you present the peach as solution I didn't get the explanation why this is the correct answer. This needs to be explained a bit more.

Finally, where is the point of the left-over maiden in cloud colony? She has no hints or objects for us. Looking for wood earlier I tried clicking on the burst cages because they seem to be made of wood, but there is no interactivity. I guess she could in the least help with the riddle or the peaches.

regards

Oliver

Woodman mentioned his ex-girlfriend Becky and she's mentioned again as the author of the Yarn puzzle. But where is she?

If that's a plot hole to you, you've clearly never seen Signs ;)

No seriously, you can see on the barfing tree screen that the fishing village is much larger than what we see in the game. Which is no surprise really because we don't see a single dwelling. So we don't even have to send her on vacation or make her live beyond the snake or something.

the other thing I found odd about the Peach was, that I didn't get the peach before going down. So I was stuck getting into the pyramid. I think there should be some sort of hint why the peaches would be found in cloud colony on the tree.

also the farthest person tracking away from the pyramid who has a hint is woodman. All cloud colony folk have nothing to say to you about the peaches or the riddle.

when you present the peach as solution I didn't get the explanation why this is the correct answer. This needs to be explained a bit more.

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why all the puzzles in the game are so simple.

The point of the left-over maiden in the cloud colony is for two reasons:

1. Actually, she does give you an item, which is very helpful, though you don't necessarily need it.

2. Purely for story, and her story is more interconnected with other parts of the game than you might first notice. There's a connection between what's happening in Vella's world and what's happening in Shay's world there. A very nice bit of story-telling.

So as not to spoil it for you, I won't say more. Go back and play through Shay and you'll see several such connections.

Sign in to follow this