Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
drops

REVIEWS, WTF?

I thought that DF is still under press embargo until the public release date. Still, tons of "reviews" are appearing on game websites and even "walkthroughs" on YouTube.

So what's the deal. Can anybody post something about Broken Age, or will there be consequences?

I guess DF would welcome the press buzz... or don't they?

regards

Oliver

They lifted the embargo almost as quickly as they made the embargo in the first place. There's still a spoiler event horizon that they'd rather not see backers streaming or recording past, though.

For whatever reason, the press misunderstood that this is a closed beta. They started up a shitstorm over it, Double Fine caved presumably because to dissuade the bad press and because the game is done enough that it doesn't really matter if it's reviewed in this state.

Still, I cringed when I looked at a review and saw complaints about the game being a bit buggy. Of course it is - it's a fucking beta. The word 'beta' was in the title of the email about the embargo. If you morons hadn't tried to generate a controversy out of your misunderstanding, then you wouldn't be reviewing the game before it was finished in the first place.

You can't see it but I'm nodding my head so hard over here. The reviews are spoilers fests too :P

Most of the reviews have been good, though only one I've read properly states it's a beta which is a bit cheeky.

Sign in to follow this