Sign in to follow this  
TrueStoryGuy

Looks like someone hacked the game & posted it for free

Sucks, but it was bound to happen.

If anyone from DF is reading this - they should file a complaint. They could get it off Youtube anyway.

Yeah, I did a google search for something Broken Age related, and one of the top hits is a torrent site. Seriously pissed me off. And there was nothing even download related in what I was searching...I'd share what I was searching, but I'd rather not provide anyone else easy access to it.

I don't think there is anything they can do about those though :/

Why would anyone who can read here download it from a torrent?

This is a private forum and by that everyone here has an original copy.

This just in: videogame piracy is a thing. In a related story, scientists have confirmed that water is in fact wet.

In all seriousness, this is kind of a dick move by one of the backers. They could have at least waited until the 28th.

I can't find any whois info on gripped.biz but a cursory search for of their IP shows that it is hosted by CloudFlare, so Double Fine may be able to contact them with copyright complaints.

Also a search of the gripped.biz site brings up some forum threads about malware and it has a very poor rating on Web of Trust.

Why would you post a link to it here on the forum? I know everybody here has bought it anyway, but still.

Even if the game is on torrent sites I would not even touch sites that post youtube videos to download. They are so very often mallware sites best way to get your pc hacked.

Why would you post a link to it here on the forum? I know everybody here has bought it anyway, but still.
So Double Fine and the users can report it.

It's probably riddled with viruses. That whole page looks horribly bogus. The numbers at the top are actually just an image, for example.

Here's the people who are hosting it: https://twitter.com/cpagrip

I'd Tweet them, but I recently killed my Twitter account after getting bullied by some losers.

Why would anyone who can read here download it from a torrent?

This is a private forum and by that everyone here has an original copy.

Because they're dicks who want their slacker non-backer friends to play too?

i know this sounds weird and i'm not sure if this is a risk of a ban. but what if in another world double fine put out their own official torrent?

if i remember correctly some certain group of film makers did that with a certain documentary they made.....not sure was it three player productions? or 1 player productions?

anyways im not sure if double fine knows who they are, maybe they can share some information with double fine if they manage to get a hold of them magically. im guessing a documentary is easier to download and consume than a game so there would be more risk putting out a documentary for free than a game...right?

im not saying broken age should be free....but if theres a virus ridden torrent, that kinda is the reason 1 player productions (or was it three) did that thing with the documentary they made.

i donno maybe im just crazy and live in a different reality than everyone else!

I think you should probably take the links down and email it to Double Fine instead, though I doubt there's a whole lot they can do about it, and even if they did manage to get that link taken down, I highly doubt it's the only pirated version out there.

Practically every game gets pirated. Game piracy has been around for a long time and you can't really stop random people on the internet from cracking games and posting them in torrent sites and such.

Edit: Oops, didn't realize that this thread was already a week old. :P

And this will hurt Act 2. I think DF needs the money from the sales of Broken Age to fund Act 2. At least parts of it. And if they sell less than needed ...

sucks but unfortunately theres more pirates then good people out there

It's probably riddled with viruses. That whole page looks horribly bogus. The numbers at the top are actually just an image, for example.

Here's the people who are hosting it: https://twitter.com/cpagrip

I'd Tweet them, but I recently killed my Twitter account after getting bullied by some losers.

So did anyone sent a tweet to the above hosting place? It's undoubtedly malware, but still, I presume it would be taken down. Just one Tweet...

https://twitter.com/cpagrip

Hey folks, just a reminder that posting links to pirated or leaked content (ours or anyone else's) is against the Rules of Decency of the forums. Thanks!

Hey folks, just a reminder that posting links to pirated or leaked content (ours or anyone else's) is against the Rules of Decency of the forums. Thanks!
Whoops! Sorry, Chris.

Sign in to follow this