Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
felipepepe

To the DFA staff: Can I get a refund?

There's constructive feedback and then there's asking for a refund on a backer-donation forum

Feedback was never my intent, stop pushing that in.. All I wanted was the refund. And I only posted here after days without any reply by e-mail, as anyone that read the post I made would know.

followed by insulting posts about the 'hugbox' of people here, and insults hurled at the dev team.

Only AFTER they insulted me, a fan that gave $110 to their project. THAT you don't ever consider, right?

all I can really do is call him on his BS until he either decides to be civil or he leaves.

And when I leave you can proudly gloat about being right and backing into a corner, right? But of course, you're the guy trying to be civil and not even taking me seriously anymore.

The longer you stay here talking about nothing and insulting people the more you confirm that you're just here to troll. And the topic of this thread is inherently inflammatory, so please do go on about how civil you tried to be until you were abused by the evil vicious backers. The truth is that you started being openly insulting after people pointed out that you really should have kept this between you and double-fine, and called you out for your history of being a troll. Now you're here again because Tim reacted to your dumb thread for a flinch in the doc. Go figure.

If you want your $110 back, keep emailing double fine and trying to get an answer - I expect they will not because it's a donated amount of money, and goes against the spirit of kickstarter. But you never know. Hurling abuse at people here will get you nowhere - but then, I don't think you're here for any reason other than to antagonize.

I mean, this is you, gloating over trolling the Massive Chalice discussion forum:

maxm6p.png

Full threads for context: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/double-fines-massive-chalice-a-tactical-fantasy-game.83556/page-7#post-2692764

http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/9301/P300/

You're not here in good faith and no one here should trust for one second that you are.

If you want your $110 back, keep emailing double fine and trying to get an answer - I expect they will not because it's a donated amount of money, and goes against the spirit of kickstarter. But you never know. Hurling abuse at people here will get you nowhere - but then, I don't think you're here for any reason other than to antagonize.

You try to confirm me as a troll, but just showed definitive proof of what a blind fanboy you are... you're arguing about my position and post history all this time, but didn't even bother to read the thread, or you would have notice that Chris Remo posted a reply on page 4, denying me the refund (as well as that screen shot that you clearly only saw now). And would know that I went away as soon as he did so, only coming back now as Tim Schafer decided to call a me a jerk.

This was between me and Double Fine, all the antagonizing is made by people like you, butting in a subject that does not touches you and trying to prove me as a troll and attack my reasons for a refund, while indeed fulfilling every aspect of blind fanboyism imaginable. But even that is my fault, obviously... you can't held people responsible for their actions when facing such an inflammatory man.

If you consider me such a troll, then exert some self-control and stop replying. The only reason I came back now was due you going from "you have some valid points, but I have no more interest in this" to "Ha, I called his BS and backed him in a corner and he fled!" as soon as I turned my back away. You can't blame such sleazy move on me.

Go back to RPGcodex. No one cares. This is your routine and you do this regularly. As another poster who sussed you out says:

Guys. Seriously. As someone who has upset this forum numerous times in the past, hear me out.

This guy is a dedicated troll from another forum. He's a regular at rpgcodex.net, a site full of Nazi-worshipping hipster shit-disturbers. He will literally respond to you in full for all eternity, and he has ample time for endless quote-battles. His sole intent is to drag out the most passionate, most indignant, most frothing responses he can get. He will then quote you back at home base and claim cool points, saying "his thread is so popular thanks to all the fanboys posting in it." He did this on Steam already.

This is his raison d'etre, and I strongly recommend you just shut the fuck up and stop posting in his thread. He's a yeast infection and you're just scratch scratch scratchin away.

Do please keep posting more carepost paragraphs. Everyone here knows you're full of it.

I'm done with you. *clicks report, and then ignore*

I care. I just reread the first post and found it polite and see nothing wrong with asking.

I still can't believe Tim Schafer called him a jerk.

I mean, it's not wrong. He is, really.

Just in Tim's defense, that was probably a gut reaction filmed during what is probably the most stressful part of a release. If I were in his shoes, I would've thought the same thing...

But he really is a jerk.

Edit: I should proofread before I post :D

I care. I just reread the first post and found it polite and see nothing wrong with asking.

There's nothing wrong with his first post per se either - that's why I calmly responded to it to begin with. His thread topic and request are inherently inflammatory though - but could have been forgivable. I started taking exception to his other posts and soon stuff started adding up and welp - turned out he's a troll.

There's nothing wrong with his first post per se either - that's why I calmly responded to it to begin with. His thread topic and request are inherently inflammatory though - but could have been forgivable. I started taking exception to his other posts and soon stuff started adding up and welp - turned out he's a troll.

So there is nothing wrong with it except that it is inflammatory. As I read this thread I see alot of people pushing him hard and him defending himself with an ok level of restraint. Some people stepped over the line, including Tim unless he was making something of a joke, which is unclear in a couple of places in this episode because he seems tired.

Anyway no need to continue this thread with celebrations of Tim (possibly/probably) agreeing with some of you who took offense. Gloating is not pretty.

The guy was a jerk. Plain and simple -- he even knows it himself! He knew he was pushing his luck, and has acknowledged that.

That said, at least he's moved on, and to be fair, maintained his position in a mostly level-headed manner. I'm sure he didn't enjoy being called a jerk by Tim Schafer, there's no need to gloat over him or make him feel worse. This is old news. Spacedad, you're acting like a big troll. You need to move on, too.

*Somebody* should have locked the thread at soon as they replied to it. Too late now, though.

Nah, the no-lock no-ban policy is really respectable. Hats off.

I don't think that's a policy. They just haven't been pushed to the point where they've needed to do it. I know I saw an admin threaten someone with a ban a while back though. And they were a backer.

felipepepe just know that the last laugh and joke is on you for this thread, the documentary will be on blu ray release , public release etc everyone will know about your stupid thread and your crappy take on the ideals on the game . If i were you i would back out now and ask for the thread to be deleted and save some dignity.

every later generation who watches the video will check this thread and laugh at you.

This thread hasn't yet attracted everyone on my ignore list. Keep it up, I know they'll all be here eventually.

Ah, I wasn't aware of this. That's actually kind of neat. I guess it's just up to us to 'police' ourselves. Putting the troll on ignore definitely helps.

This is old news. Spacedad, you're acting like a big troll. You need to move on, too.

I agree. I got caught up in this because I can't stand trolls, and wound up acting like one myself. What set me off the most though was him gloating about trying to antagonize people here off at another forum. Really not cool.

Successful jerk was successful!

I'll post in whatever thread I want to post. It's my rich, white, gay privilege.

I wish I was gay :(

I'll post in whatever thread I want to post. It's my rich, white, gay privilege.

I wish I was gay :(

Poor Ms. Pacman...

Interesting that Felipe is clearly very intelligent and well educated and as such what I find most offensive is his use of "thirdworldian".

Sad that we can't please everyone. I genuinely struggle to see where he was drawing the line between personal opinion and troll, I could fully believe it was entirely one or the other.

That said I couldn't manage much of that RPGCodex thread before bottling out.