Sign in to follow this  
skankityspence

Favorite Characters Thread! Who would you like to see more of?

Hey guys,

Sorry if this thread has already been made. I tried searching around for it but I couldn't find one. So if it does exist, then steer me in that direction!

Otherwise: Who was your favorite character and would you like to see more of them in Act II?

Personally, I loved every character, but I'd like to see Spoon and Knife again! (What will Knife do now that he is free at last?!) I also want to see more of Gus.

But probably most of all I'd like to see the talking tree and his disgust for humans. I've never enjoyed making someone vomit more than him. ;)

Best: talking tree

worst: a tie between the ship crew and the lumberjack.

the lumberjack character and the dialogues were fine, but Wil Wheatons voice performance was his second worst work after his role in Leverage. I usually like him, but he just read his lines without fleshing out the character.

M'ggie, Rocky, and grandpa Beastender.

Rocky's character model seems to be much more polished compared to the rest of the family, so I have high hopes that she'll come back xD

I didn't like the talking tree. He was obsessed with vomit! That's just gross.

EDIT: I forgot Dawn and Courtney.

Besides Shay and Vella, my favorites are the hipster lumber jack (spot on, Mr. Wheaton), Merick, and Harm'ny. Too funny!

Marek, Overmother, the Moonfather thing (last time I saw him he was mysteriously peeking around all shifty-eyed in Shay's room while Overmother was talking to Shay), Curtis, and that one depressed girl from Meriloft. Seemed like her character could be fleshed out a bit more into something meaningful. The grandfather was great too. And, of course, Harm'ny.

Marek hands down. The best voice work I've seen in a computer game in a while.

Indeed, I kept coming back to him just for more dialog.

Harm'ny Lightbeard, Marek, Grandpa, Moonfather.

And yes, the talking tree: just to listen to his voice again would be a treat ;). Less about the barfing though.

Oh boy, when I think who I would like to see more in Act 2 I keep adding characters in my mind :). So many of them felt right.

Aside from protagonists:

Mom and bots - Whenever they appear I want to hug something.

The cult leader's daugher with besom next to the hatchery - I adore her snarky comments.

Dad - At least let him creeping behind windows as he did in Act 1. :D

Spoon and knife - As someone on Steam said, these characters have more personality than a majority of characters in AAA games.

Lumberjack - His finishing lines are unexpected and I would like to hear more of it.

Anyone is fine with me, just please singing maidens no more. Their song was killing my ears.

I would love to see more of Marek and Grandpa Beastender. I was also saddened by the fact that Knife had such a small role. I think it is clear that I just love grumpy and cynical characters ;-)

Moonfather

Did I totally miss some dialogue? Or do you just want him to be a talking character in act 2?

The depressed girl from Meriloft (Whenever there's a depressed character in a game, like her, or like Clem and Crystal, I always wish there was at least some kind of "hug" option directed towards them), Rocky, Grandpa Beastender, Ch't, M'ggie, Grabbin' Gary, Curtis, Space Weaver, Dead Eye Dawn & Courtney, and Marek. I think Marek is almost guaranteed, though, considering how Act 1 ended.

Moonfather

Did I totally miss some dialogue? Or do you just want him to be a talking character in act 2?

He talks before mom shows up at the very beginning.

Hmmm, now that you mention it, I think I do remember wondering who voiced him. I think I should play the game again. But then I didn't really need an excuse for that....

Those tiny hexagon creatures in Shay's storyline. They are adorable! I really liked seeing them around the ship doing various chores.

Car'l. No-one else even mentions her, but she's my favourite so far.

She reminds me of Aunt Hilda from Sabrina the teenage witch. Not sure if it's the voice or the attitude. Anyway, I hope she escapes and gets to make something that isn't shoes.

Rocky!

The unpicked maiden

Grandpa Beastender

Moonfather

All these characters feel so distinct even thought I unfortunately spend very little time with them.

I hope Tim releases some background notes on them once the game is complete

Moonfather

Yes he did, and one time he even said this extremely frustrating thing: "... and that's the story of how you got here. Hey, were you even listening?" (*Shay snores*)

And I'm just curious. So the main reason I mention him in this thread is because I want to know more about him.

Spoon: I'm up for anything.

Knife: I do.

I also want to see this mysterious girl named Becky, she's the ex-girlfriend of a wood cutter, a riddler, and somewhat reclusive person having only been mentioned by other characters.

I'd really like to see more of Curtis. Grandpa Beastender was great, but I don't think he should play a major role on Act 2.

I'd like to see more of Rocky, that Meriloft Maiden's Feast Reject, Alex, and Spoon. Curtis was great in the first act, but I don't really need to see that much more of him (though I won't complain if we do). Oh, also the Dead Eye Guards. That's a fair amount of favorites.

I really liked the moonfather and yarn pals as well, but I don't know if there's that much more to see of them (though Vella reacting to the yarn pals and the ship mother could be really entertaining). A cameo by the robot riding on the vacuum cleaner on the ship (seen in the first act when Shay eats cereal) would also be fun.

My least favorite characters were probably the Shellmound maidens, or really any of the maidens that got swallowed by Mog Chothra (they seem to have been written so we wouldn't feel bad when they get eaten). And that bloody snake.

A cameo by the robot riding on the vacuum cleaner on the ship (seen in the first act when Shay eats cereal) would also be fun.

It is next to certain that this is a puzzle in act two or a puzzle cut from the game. There is a chute that is only accessible by the sweeper bot, and the sweeper bot appeared in a very deliberate fashion for the cereal segment. If they are tweaking act two to be more difficult, I would expect this puzzle to be reintroduced if it was cut, or present if it was always meant to be in act two.

There's a Broken Age wiki? I mean, of course there is but wow; rather quick non?

Anyhoo I would have spent more time with Lightbeard. I know Jack Black is expensive and he probably appeared in the game as more of a favour, but we had one conversation with the guy and he gets stuck up a cloud. Funny; but I would have liked to hear more from this wise sage.

While I haven't finished it yet, I would definitely say Harm'ny Lightbeard, I'm a lukewarm fan of Jack Black, but I have to say his Harm'ny had me rolling on the floor laughing. His dodgy cult leader was perfect! I also loved Marek, though I haven't seen his whole story yet.

Marek was a disappointment. He should have been much darker and a better foil to the goofy atmosphere of the game. Tim seemed to want him to be that way from the documentary, but he really didn't live up to the hype. Too silly and average-hero type. Not scary.

Funniest characters were the knife, spoon, yarn robots, and the Dead Eye cultists.

Best character was probably the overmother. There's more to this game than just laughs.

I loved the Spoon, I started the game with Shay's sections, and the Spoon was among the first characters I encountered. Love at first sight.

Sign in to follow this