Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
skankityspence

Favorite Characters Thread! Who would you like to see more of?

The following probably contains SPOILERS.

My favourite characters are Curtis, Grandpa, Marek, Mom, Levina and the Red Yarn Pal. (Seriously, my primary reason for doing the train mission over and over was to hear "Let's do… THE WAAAAAAVVVVEEEE!" as much as possible. I also wanted to see as many "dinner" scenes as I could.)

I'd love to see more of Grandpa, Mom, Marek and Curtis. (In general, everyone except for Alex, who I wasn't expecting to have the role he ended up having, especially since his voice actor's line readings are rather lacklustre.)

It'll be interesting to see Shay and Vella interacting with the characters from each other's worlds. We'll probably get to see different sides of Marek and Mom when Vella confronts them. Shay and Alex will probably both end up answering and raising a lot of questions for one another. Shay meeting the rejected Meriloft maiden and realizing that the one "creature" he thought he had left to die ended up being the one to live, but she's depressed about it. And how will she react upon learning that Shay is actually Mog Chothra?

A cameo by the robot riding on the vacuum cleaner on the ship (seen in the first act when Shay eats cereal) would also be fun.

It is next to certain that this is a puzzle in act two or a puzzle cut from the game. There is a chute that is only accessible by the sweeper bot, and the sweeper bot appeared in a very deliberate fashion for the cereal segment. If they are tweaking act two to be more difficult, I would expect this puzzle to be reintroduced if it was cut, or present if it was always meant to be in act two.

Alternate theory: You go back there with Vella in Act 2, and she can solve it with something she has in her inventory, and vice versa with Shay and the snake.

Moonfather

Did I totally miss some dialogue? Or do you just want him to be a talking character in act 2?

He talks before mom shows up at the very beginning.

Yes he did, and one time he even said this extremely frustrating thing: "... and that's the story of how you got here. Hey, were you even listening?" (*Shay snores*)

And I'm just curious. So the main reason I mention him in this thread is because I want to know more about him.

YEAHHH I just got that line too. So frustrating, especially on a second playthrough. Listen to your father, Shay!!

It'll be interesting to see Shay and Vella interacting with the characters from each other's worlds. We'll probably get to see different sides of Marek and Mom when Vella confronts them. Shay and Alex will probably both end up answering and raising a lot of questions for one another. Shay meeting the rejected Meriloft maiden and realizing that the one "creature" he thought he had left to die ended up being the one to live, but she's depressed about it. And how will she react upon learning that Shay is actually Mog Chothra?

I'd find it hilarious if the Meriloft maiden and Shay get together.

1. Dead Eye Dawn and Dead Eye Courtney

2. Space Weaver

3. Spoon and Knife

4. Curtis

5. Marek

Sign in to follow this