Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
r0ckarong

Assorted Bugs and Glitches

Hi I'm about two and a half hours in now and I've found some weird things. I'm running the game on Ubuntu 13.10.

1. When Vella falls through the clouds after picking up the golden Egg at F'thers guard post and the dialog is still showing on screen (subtitles enabled) the text flickers/stutters frantically while she is falling and the Whoops-a-Birdy guard is picking her up. This only applies to Vella's dialog since whatever F'ther is saying stays in the lower left corner of the screen.

2. When Shay drops down to the rubber spikes after tricking the bridge man Marek tosses him a key. Right after the key lands in his hand and the inventory gets updated the key disappears from his hand but he holds it open nonetheless.

3. The Dead Eye God (Alex) is never introduced by name in my dialog tree but later Vella refers to him by his name.

Back to Broken Age for now. I totally love this game already.

1. When Vella falls through the clouds after picking up the golden Egg at F'thers guard post and the dialog is still showing on screen (subtitles enabled) the text flickers/stutters frantically while she is falling and the Whoops-a-Birdy guard is picking her up.
This also happens whenever she falls through the cloud as she's saying something, by the way, not just at that scene.

I will keep addings stuff that I notice in this thread as I play through. Back to Broken Age for now. I totally love this game already.
I think they'd rather have separate topics for new reports, as it's easier to keep track of them that way.

I will keep addings stuff that I notice in this thread as I play through. Back to Broken Age for now. I totally love this game already.
I think they'd rather have separate topics for new reports, as it's easier to keep track of them that way.

OK then I'll start new posts for these. Thanks for the heads up.

1. When Vella falls through the clouds after picking up the golden Egg at F'thers guard post and the dialog is still showing on screen (subtitles enabled) the text flickers/stutters frantically while she is falling and the Whoops-a-Birdy guard is picking her up.
This also happens whenever she falls through the cloud as she's saying something, by the way, not just at that scene.

This is probably true since the rendering of the subtitles apparently can't handle the fast motion updates for the subtitle placement. I kept running into this at this scene but it's a good call nonetheless.

2. When Shay drops down to the rubber spikes after tricking the bridge man Marek tosses him a key. Right after the key lands in his hand and the inventory gets updated the key disappears from his hand but he holds it open nonetheless.

Hey, I can't find a fresh thread for this. Have you opened one yet? Should I?

Hey, I can't find a fresh thread for this. Have you opened one yet? Should I?

Feel free to do so I didn't want to add another thread describing the same problem. If you see the same issue just open one and reference to this thread. I think that should work.

1. There's a change so that the subtitles are cleared when the bird is rescuing Vella. It might still happen elsewhere but that fixes the worst case.

3. Unfortunately, a line was never recorded of Alex introducing himself so there's not much that can be done about that.

3. Unfortunately, a line was never recorded of Alex introducing himself so there's not much that can be done about that.

If Vella still has lines to record, maybe the lines referencing Alex can be re-recorded to not mention him by name? :)

If Vella still has lines to record, maybe the lines referencing Alex can be re-recorded to not mention him by name? :)

I agree, that would be more adequate. In fact, it would help confusing the player even more, since many people may think he is Shay (I thought that before getting to that 'Alex' reference).

I agree, that would be more adequate. In fact, it would help confusing the player even more, since many people may think he is Shay (I thought that before getting to that 'Alex' reference).

I didn't notice the Alex reference, not sure if it wasn't there or if I just missed it. Anyway I DID think he was Shay until I saw Shay at the very end, which I think is how it should be experienced. So I think it should be removed. If he needs a name in Act 2 then that can be introduced then.

I didn't notice the Alex reference, not sure if it wasn't there or if I just missed it. Anyway I DID think he was Shay until I saw Shay at the very end, which I think is how it should be experienced. So I think it should be removed. If he needs a name in Act 2 then that can be introduced then.

Yes, you are right. This is something that should be fixed to improve the overall narrative experience. It makes the "aha!" moment at the ending much more enjoyable.

I agree too. It's really strange to have characters suddenly just knowing stuff; it breaks the continuity of the game...

I agree too. It's really strange to have characters suddenly just knowing stuff; it breaks the continuity of the game...

Yes, I also think that this line should be tweaked a little to remove the Alex reference (at least until Act 2).

Sign in to follow this