Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gumby-fan

Visual Layering Bugs (Minor) in Mac Version and other bug reports

Hello,

First, as a backer, I say "CONGRATULATIONS! YOU MADE ACT ONE! I am proud of all of you at DF."

Second, here are some bug reports for you.

1. During the loading of the very first image in the game, the two sleeping, the parts of the charters (Arms, legs, heads, everything) start as a jumble pile near the bottom of the screen. Then after 0.2 seconds this jumble shuffles around to create the characters as intended. Is this on purpose?

2. When switching to Retro-Mode, I noticed that the vertical size of the whole game shrinks. (Black bar on top of screen grows to compensate.) (I am using resolution 2560x1440)

3. When Vella moves her head forward while talking to her mother (Close up angle) at the start, her neck layer renders on top of her head. It may also happen at some other point during the time at her house.

I will come back here to make more "Kind-of-beta" reports as needed.

As always, I look forwards to all replies.

(P.S. The robot spoon character is as adorable and funny as a guy can be! Good job!)

Hi, Gumby-fan.

1. That is not on purpose but I've never seen this happen and haven't seen anyone else report it so I don't have enough information to go on to fix it.

2. I'm not familiar enough with retro mode to say whether or not it's a bug.

3. I'm not seeing this happen anymore so it should be fixed in the next full update.

Hi, Gumby-fan.

1. That is not on purpose but I've never seen this happen and haven't seen anyone else report it so I don't have enough information to go on to fix it.

2. I'm not familiar enough with retro mode to say whether or not it's a bug.

3. I'm not seeing this happen anymore so it should be fixed in the next full update.

Thank you Bert for the full reply.

It feels nice to have my report gain some attention and help improve the game's performance.

Sign in to follow this