Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Salvius23

Peter McConnell Appreciation Thread

Great thread OP and thanks for your thoughts, since without them I would've never take notice of the connection the ballet.

I am totally thrilled by the highly atmospheric, very emotional and sometimes Disney-esque orchestral soundtrack!

I has such a warmth and just made me feel good plus it fitted perfectly to the situations on-screen.

loving the music in this game, specially March in the Clouds, it perfectly represents the lightness and cheerful tone of Meriloft, it is a tune that I will always be listening to, very relaxing indeed!

The soundtrack has been on occasional rotation on my phone on the way to and from work lately and I definitely think my favorite is Marek's Theme or "In The Situation Room". Such a cool theme. Nice use of bass flute. Also, Peter McConnell writes the best clarinet lines, love the stuff in "Operation Dandelion."

I was thinking about how much of an influence Peter McConnell has been on my own compositions earlier, particularly I love his use of chromaticism which has definitely seeped into how I use melody.

Peter McConnell is probably my favorite videogame soundtrack composer (yes, I have a favorite videogame soundtrack composer).

Hey, nothing wrong with that, I'm a huge fan of Nobuo Uematsu and Yoko Shimomura myself. Speaking of Uematsu and McConnell, there's a tune in BA that I SWEAR sounds like a piece of "Final Fantasy" music, though right now I can't remember where it plays. I've been meaning to download the soundtrack and try to identify the song.

Sign in to follow this