Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
lietu

Some gameplay feedback [SLIGHT SPOLERS]

First of all, thanks for the awesome game, I've been playing it for a while now and I love it.

However, there are a few specific things about the game that I've found annoying, and they seem to be mainly related to the cloud colony:

* Cloud shoes are automatically taken off your feet when you leave, but not automatically put on when you go back up .. it's not a huge deal if you only do it once or twice but when running around mindlessly trying to figure out what to do next it starts to get annoying.

* The fruit is very easy to get rid of, and it's annoying to get a new one. You can eat the fruit, you can give it to Curtis, and I presume you can do other things with it as well as neither of these have produced any useful result. Now to get a new one e.g. from Curtis's place you have to first walk through the house, watch the animation of her climbing back up, walk through the two screens, place down the ladder (since it's automatically picked up every time you leave), walk to the tree, shake the branch, slide down, grab the fruit, climb back up, walk back to the center screen of cloud colony, walk down the ladder and then you're about ready to get back on finding the next thing to try it on. Most of this whole fetching part is also not skippable so it takes maybe a minute or two to do it no matter how much you double-click everything and keep tapping space.

It's these little things that always end up frustrating me about adventure games, no matter how great they are overall. I hope you get the chance to do something about these, but I'm sure you have a lot of more important bugs to take care of first, not to mention Act 2.

Sign in to follow this