Sign in to follow this  
Penauts

Pimp-up act 1 kickstarter

Imho Broken Age art and story are supreme, but the puzzle are too easy. I was thinking about the possibility of making a kickstarter for adding a "hard mode" to act 1 (and 2 obv), using the locations that already exists that are magnificent, adding objects and (voice) lines and cutting hints. How does it sounds?

Imho Broken Age art and story are supreme, but the puzzle are too easy. I was thinking about the possibility of making a kickstarter for adding a "hard mode" to act 1 (and 2 obv), using the locations that already exists that are magnificent, adding objects and (voice) lines and cutting hints. How does it sounds?

Eesh, no. The negative publicity that would generate would be crippling. And probably deserved, for a change.

Negative publicity? Why? It's just an idea for improving the weak side of a game, that'll be positive publicity! I, as a baker (15$ tier), would be happy to pay for a pimped-up version, now that I saw the magnificent art/storywork that dobule fine has made. Maybe 100$ tier bakers would never pay more money, but I think that some low tiers would!

I will happily fund another Doublefine adventure, but I wouldn't back this. Doublefine made a concious decision to make the game as it is and I expect part 2 to be much harder. This is a game aimed at a young audience and the puzzles are fine for that audience.

But I hope that the next adventure will be harder and that the theme will be aimed at teenagers/adults.

I will happily fund another Doublefine adventure, but I wouldn't back this. Doublefine made a concious decision to make the game as it is and I expect part 2 to be much harder. This is a game aimed at a young audience and the puzzles are fine for that audience.

But I hope that the next adventure will be harder and that the theme will be aimed at teenagers/adults.

You must have entirely missed the central themes of the narrative if you think it was aimed at preteens

The lack of any swear words or edgy themes is proof enough.

Do you really think teenagers want to play this?

This game is child proof and teenagers generally don't like child proof things. If you are grown-up you don't care about this anymore and can just enjoy a good game for what it is.

But when I was 14 I bought Full Throttle, because the theme was "cool" to me (and because I was a Lucasarts adventure fan).

Just because you play teenagers who are coming of age, doesn't mean it's for teenagers.

This game is child proof and teenagers generally don't like child proof things. If you are grown-up you don't care about this anymore and can just enjoy a good game for what it is.

But when I was 14 I bought Full Throttle, because the theme was "cool" to me (and because I was a Lucasarts adventure fan).

Just because you play teenagers who are coming of age, doesn't mean it's for teenagers.

I don't recall DOTT or Monkey Island having swear words either, were they children's games?

I am 24 and freaking loved the story, I think a lot of teenagers and adults would love to play this game, because the story is engrossing and fun.

I just say "insult duels"... ;-)

And if you are 24 then you are way past the limit where a childfriendly theme would bother you.

But think back when you were 14, I'm sure there were some games back then that you have passed up, because you felt you have grown out of them, probably something great from Nintendo.

Insult: This is the END for you, you gutter-crawling cur!

Comeback: And I've got a little TIP for you, get the POINT?

Insult: Soon you'll be wearing my sword like a shish kebab!

Comeback: First you better stop waiving it like a feather-duster.

Insult: My handkerchief will wipe up your blood!

Comeback: So you got that job as janitor, after all.

Insult: People fall at my feet when they see me coming.

Comeback: Even BEFORE they smell your breath?

Insult: I once owned a dog that was smarter then you.

Comeback: He must have taught you everything you know.

Insult: You make me want to puke.

Comeback: You make me think somebody already did.

Insult: Nobody's ever drawn blood from me and nobody ever will.

Comeback: You run THAT fast?

Insult: You fight like a dairy farmer.

Comeback: How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

Insult: I got this scar on my face during a mighty struggle!

Comeback: I hope now you've learned to stop picking your nose.

Insult: Have you stopped wearing diapers yet?

Comeback: Why, did you want to borrow one?

Insult: I've heard you were a contemptible sneak.

Comeback: Too bad no one's ever heard of YOU at all.

Insult: You're no match for my brains, you poor fool.

Comeback: I'd be in real trouble if you ever used them.

Insult: You have the manners of a beggar.

Comeback: I wanted to make sure you'd feel comfortable with me.

Insult: I'm not going to take your insolence sitting down!

Comeback: Your hemorrhoids are flaring up again, eh?

Insult: There are no words for how disgusting you are.

Comeback: Yes there are. You just never learned them.

Insult: I've spoken with apes more polite then you.

Comeback: I'm glad to hear you attended your family reunion.

Back on track, I don't think its a good idea to run another Kickstarter for the same game. Also I'm not really bothered by the easier puzzles.

Back on track, I don't think its a good idea to run another Kickstarter for the same game. Also I'm not really bothered by the easier puzzles.

Yeah a 2nd Kickstarter would be bad news.

If someone from Double Fine could "accidently" leaked what merchandise in their store has the highest profit margin I would consider maybe buying some of those items to help fund development, because there is a ton of stuff I want there but I can't buy it all.

So to you every game needs to play a sample of George Carlin's Seven Words You Can Never Say on Television when it boots or it's for little kids?

Just... wow.

If you offer Marek the oxygen-container, Shays says something like "Do you want a hit of this, dude?". That seems like an adult joke. :)

If you offer Marek the oxygen-container, Shays says something like "Do you want a hit of this, dude?". That seems like an adult joke. :)

hehe totally missed that...

Rated M for mature, also ChristCenteredGamer just bumped the morality score to 46%.

Sign in to follow this