ChristCenteredGamer.com Broken Age Act 1 review

Morality Score - 71%

Violence - 8/10

Language - 2/10

Sexual Content - 8/10

Occult/Supernatural - 10/10

Cultural/Moral/Ethical - 7.5/10

too many stool references? :)

That was the potty humor but I didn't want to put any spoilers in the review :)

Morality score!?!?!

Man, it pisses me off seven ways to sunday that a site like that even exists.

Morality score!?!?!

Give fundies a break, it's hard to live such a rule-bound life without some "moral" guidance. As long as they're not trying to get games banned basing on their morality scores, let them do as they please, I say :)

I wonder where did they find sexual innuendos in BA, though. Potty humor, oh, yes. Innuendos 8/10? I wonder how they'd review Larry Reloaded, then, would that be 20/10 or more..?

I wonder where did they find sexual innuendos in BA, though. Potty humor, oh, yes. Innuendos 8/10? I wonder how they'd review Larry Reloaded, then, would that be 20/10 or more..?

Probably the anal dildos Lee Petty put in as easter eggs.

I want to believe

Morality score!?!?!

Why? You don't need to use the site, you are not it's target audience.

It's not hurting anything. Some people are religious and they may want to know how the game is in terms of their moral and belief system bro.

Give fundies a break, it's hard to live such a rule-bound life without some "moral" guidance. As long as they're not trying to get games banned basing on their morality scores, let them do as they please, I say :)
Why? You don't need to use the site, you are not it's target audience.

It's not hurting anything. Some people are religious and they may want to know how the game is in terms of their moral and belief system bro.

+1 to the both of you. Good people, you are.

Violence - 8/10

Sexual Content - 8/10

Did we play the same game?

I don't remember anything to warrant an 8 out of 10 for both sex and violence? Guess my personal morality score would be pretty low.

There are very conservative people out there who believe it's wrong to even look at a woman's bare thighs. Indeed, that was widely considered indecent at one point in time. And Vella throughout almost the entire game has bare thighs, doesn't she? So thinking of things on that scale, I'm sure there are probably a few things that could warrant that score. Probably very few games released today would get a perfect 10/10 for sexuality.

And as far as violence is concerned, well, there are the very violent maiden sacrifices, and the final battle with Mog Chothra with the DEATH ray. I'd say such conservative people would consider that a tad violent.

I want to believe

The game is in fact dildo free.

Although if I knew our morality score was going to be reviewed that low, I would've done my best to bottom it out.

Not entirely. Have you looked at the "foreign organism" Shay's pulling the gifted Gary from recently?

brokenage_penisgift.jpg

brokenage_penisgift.jpg.75167893edba6c94

Not entirely. Have you looked at the "foreign organism" Shay's pulling the gifted Gary from recently?

I did not say the game was without "dildonic" shapes. But unless you think form entirely defines functions, there are no dildos.

And, I just realized that I'm unintentionally ruining this thread, which is really about a Christian game review, so my apologies. Its early.

"The puzzles in it were challenging enough to where I had to sleep on it and figure them out the next time I played."

@DF

Hey DF, can i have this version of the game too?!

Wow, every day you learn something new, Sexual Content 8/10, wouldn't you expect some sexy things to happen with such a rating? Might be all the pyramids, stalagmites and stalactites, ... now i wonder what the satanists are thinking of the game. Must be hard trying to please all those different minded/gifted people.

I did not say the game was without "dildonic" shapes. But unless you think form entirely defines functions, there are no dildos.

And, I just realized that I'm unintentionally ruining this thread, which is really about a Christian game review, so my apologies. Its early.

Close enough. ;)

I think at some point the shoemaking woman said about her husband's mid-age crisis "i wished he had an affaire like everybody else" or something around those lines.

I would think that's where the morality alarm went nuts at the CCG central.

I like christ centered gamer, and never once have I thought them unfair to a game. Granted, they did seem to dislike P-nauts for it's general psychic themes...

BTW violence 8/10 means that most of the game was violence free, and the same goes for sexual content. There is a bit of sexual dialogue (that "affair" thing above). Besides, you can never be too careful with parents these days. Wouldn't want somebody getting accidentally offended by the phallic shaped environment pieces like the foreign organism.

Somewhat related...

Here is a review for Costume Quest from Family Friendly Gaming:

http://www.familyfriendlygaming.com/Reviews/2010/Costume Quest.html

Halloween is the most controversial 'holiday' this reviewer knows. So a game that is all rah rah Halloween is weird. Like propaganda from a politician or something. The good side, and saving grace of Costume Quest is the player is trying to save their sibling.

It's pretty silly to me, but if that's what you believe; so be it.

There are people who don't "celebrate" Halloween because of its pagan roots. Similarly, there are lots of people who don't celebrate Christmas for the same reason. Christmas isn't really a Christian holiday. Personally, I think they're all in good fun. Where do you draw the line? Look up the origin of the birthday, for crying out loud...

All the dirty talk in the game comes from a talking spoon. Unless I"m forgetting anything. And believe me, the spoon is innocent. All the smut is in the mind of the player. :)

Violence - 8/10

Sexual Content - 8/10

Did we play the same game?

I don't remember anything to warrant an 8 out of 10 for both sex and violence? Guess my personal morality score would be pretty low.

I was just going to say, but then I noticed the higher is better -- so it has a LOW sexual content and violence score, but a HIGH language score.

All the smut is in the mind of the player. :)

This can be applied in SO MANY scenarios where things are labelled "obscene".

That said, I have a dirty mind so I laughed at many, many lines...