Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jallen

Did somebody really propose in the credits?

Flew by pretty quickly but it certainly seemed like it. Man, at least one guy had legitimate concern over the game's release date.

On a related note why where a couple of the names doubled? Myself (which is a pretty common name so isn't totally unlikely) but also others with more unusual names; like the guy that totally isn't a CIA agent.

Interesting story.

"So, how'd he propose? Was it a candle-light dinner overlooking a glimmering pond on a moon-lit night?

Weellll, actually he part funded a game that was stated to be released within the year only the game got way more money. You may have heard of it. Yeah that's the one. I know right? Beards are such a turn on for me too. Anyway two years later the game was released and he forced me to play through the game, him staring at me and shouting clues whenever I stopped moving for a second. Come the credits he went down on one knee and remained there for a good six minutes until our names flew by at break-neck speed. Well by this point he had grown a beard, and was talking about mustangs and juice recipes, so I said yes."

or the up and down arrow key's!

on another note, My name IS in the credits but for some reason there is a Capital N stuck in the middle?!

Yep! Well, I think so. One of them had actually proposed since the time he backed the project. But we left it in anyway. For historical reasons.

The other one... not sure what the story is there. Su would know! She's the one who had to process all those names and take out all the nasty stuff you guys wrote! :)

I actually emailed all of the people who had marriage proposals in the credits and asked if they wanted to keep those in! Some got removed, others didn't respond and one specifically requested it to be kept it!

By the way, you can type a name while watching the credits to do a backers search.

Confession: I found Poopers the Cat on my first round.

I actually emailed all of the people who had marriage proposals in the credits and asked if they wanted to keep those in! Some got removed, others didn't respond and one specifically requested it to be kept it!

Aw, I hope those that got removed requested this because they got engaged before the game's release ;_;

But I think it's such a romantic way to propose, essentially pressing the "propose" button half a year in advance (as far as they knew back then), trusting that they'll still want it when the game comes out :)

I didnt find myself in credits - backers section :( that was sad...

Unfortunately, that was only offered for the 100$+ reward tiers. But if that's you, we can fix it for you!!

I didnt find myself in credits - backers section :( that was sad...

Unfortunately, that was only offered for the 100$+ reward tiers. But if that's you, we can fix it for you!!

oh.. i didnt remember that... :( that's why its sad then.. haha... i loved the game anyway.. :D

By the way, you can type a name while watching the credits to do a backers search.

Confession: I found Poopers the Cat on my first round.

That is a very good name for a cat

whom you want to send not-so subliminal messages to, to not be constipated.

Sign in to follow this