Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
eladalfassa

To Tim and Everyone at DoubleFine: Thank you! (and two questions)

Act 1 was amazingly good. I enjoyed every moment of it and think it was worth every single penny I paid for it and probably a lot more. The soundtrack, the writing, the art, the voice acting... everything about this game was absolutely superb and well-polished.

I have two questions:

1) Will the documentary continue, even tho act 1 was already released?

2) Will you share the sales figures (ie. how many copies Act 1 sold on steam) with the backers?

#2 is a good question... They may not legally be allowed to report sales like that. I'm pretty sure the entire industry is waiting to see if the 90k backers are the core group of purchasers, or if they're just the first ones through the gate with a larger crowd to come.

I can't see a reason why they can't report sale figures... I mean, Stanley Parable went public with its sale figures after the launch week, so I assume Double Fine can do that too.

I can't see a reason why they can't report sale figures... I mean, Stanley Parable went public with its sale figures after the launch week, so I assume Double Fine can do that too.

Valve has different agreements with different people and it is definitely within the realm of possibility that that is not allowed in DF's contract. It would certainly be interesting to know, but It is certainly not guaranteed to be allowed.

Sign in to follow this