Sign in to follow this  
JediMindTrick

Modding Broken Age

I wonder how hard would be to mod the game. I really would like to include a Brazillian Portuguese language, but I don't think it would be legal. Can we do it?

Why not? People can make rape mods for Skyrim, adding our glorious language to the game (where it should have been there already) seems quite tame.

But I'll say it's more complex than you expect. Perhaps offering to freely translate the script for Double Fine would be a better way, and would reach more people.

Se eu tivesse gostado do jogo té te ajudaria, mas achei muito sem graça... :P

Yeah, but I believe Skyrim has that Steam Workshop thingie. Not sure if Broken Age will.

Nice to have brazillians engaging on the forum, :)

I assume the dialogue is in either the data.pck or pdata.pck file in the game directory, if you could figure out how to actually open these you could edit the dialogue.

They seem to be a proprietary format they made for the game? But if you could open them then you could for sure at least have a guide on how to open them, then have the translations in a file the way however they store the dialogue, and have a guide for putting the translated lines in to the pck.

If you distributed the pck file yourself you may put yourself in danger of infringing on their copyright by redistributing their work without permission.

Sign in to follow this