Sign in to follow this  
nmalinoski

Broken Age sending out multicast UDP traffic?

So I started up the game for the first time this evening, and my HIPS software was asking me about network connections for Broken Age. It was requesting connections to localhost, which is not out of the ordinary for applications, but then it started asking to send UDP packets to 225.0.0.3. Is this normal? What could a single-player game possibly need multicast traffic for? (Sorry if this has been addressed, but I didn't get any search results in this forum for 'UDP')

Same here,

My firewall ask me for authorization about a UDP packet.

And i want to know why too.

Not 100% sure but I assume it's Google Analytics. Moai cloud would normally track crashes and give feedback on how long people are taking to finish puzzles but that service was shut down so they used GA for that instead.

Yep not sure how they will do it on live but with this beta the game reports data to double fine I think it even hangs if you block the traffic.

Hi guys. This sounds like a bug. Some tools code might have made it into the build accidentally and this would need to be fixed asap.

Can I ask you which operating system you are running on?

Thanks!

Hi guys. This sounds like a bug. Some tools code might have made it into the build accidentally and this would need to be fixed asap.

Can I ask you which operating system you are running on?

Thanks!

Windows 7 x64 for me.

Windows 7 x64 for me.

Thanks. I think I found the issue. The Lua debugger hook was still enabled. This should be fixed in the next patch.

Thanks for bringing this issue to my attention.

Sign in to follow this