Sign in to follow this  
GoodBytes

Bug report

I have noticed the following bugs in Broken Age. I am not sure if this is the best place to post these, but here goes:

Bug 1- Menu

The game start menu (where you have Continue, Load Game, Save Game and Options), on the Intel integrated graphics HD4400, the menu layers flickers.

Bug 2 - Interaction

It is impossible (extremely difficult) to play Broken Age with a digitizer pen. The pointer on the screen moves all across the screen, while small tiny movement is on the digitizer (Wacom).

Bug 3 - Touch Screen

Granted the game is not hover-and-poke adventure game, but rather point-and-click, but the game does not play nice at all, with touch screen, such as the one in the Microsoft Surface Pro 2. When you move your finger, the game moves the mouse and makes it move all across the screen despite tiny millimeter movement. Tapping on an object or menu item does not work, it taps where the game cursor is.

Due to the above bugs, the game cannot be playable on a Windows based tablet device without keyboard and mouse.

If someone at DoubleFine has a bit of extra time (haha, I know :) ), would be nice to have those fixed. :)

Thanks.

Bug 2 can be fixed by using mouse mode, The game seems to want to smooth the mouse meaning it checks the old location and the new location and does a bit of smoothing, probably to remove shaky hands, I looked around for settings to see if I could change it to a touch screen mode to no avail. Wacom tablet works fine with mouse mode, at least it is a work around.

seems like bug 3 has the same issue as bug 1, I am sure they have used this game on touch screens, so I assume there will be dedicated versions, as for the desktop version, seems like an easy thing to port over, just change the mouse code a bit.

curious on what a dev thinks (I always am with bugs haha)

I don't have that option, as the Wacom digitizer that I have uses Windows Ink API's (standard works with all tablets - new to Win8), and not WinTab (Wacom specific tablet). I could install the Wacom digitizer drivers, so that it does not use the Windows Ink API, that I can do. But then I'll lose my calibrations and because the Wacom digitizer calibration is only 4 points, it doesn't calibrate it right on corners. As I mostly write and interact with the system with the pen, and not draw, this is not good.

Have you tried when running the game in windowed mode? My touchscreen laptop did the same thing in win8 .It's a known bug they are going to fix.

I tried that... while it seams to be working (just a small offset from the finger).

I can't access the inventory without a bunch of tabs on the inventory button. And also, I can drag an item from the inventory. So the game is not actually playable, sadly.