Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ryncar

Another Vella layering issue

I haven't seen this one posted yet:

During the first maiden's feast escape cut scene, the corset "reins" are layered behind her entire body in the shot before Vella flies through the cloud and falls into Meriloft. Vella's legs are also still layered in front of her dress in this shot (which has been reported/has been around since the game was first released).

I've attached a screen shot (I only grabbed a section of the screen, but I can go back and grab the whole thing if needed).

I've seen this layering issue occur every time I play this section.

Just played the RC8 update and the layering issue with the corset straps is still occurring (though the leg layering has been fixed). I attached screen shots of the 2 noticeable layering issues in the cutscene: The closeup image has the strap layering over the front hand and the wider shot has the straps layered behind her entire body.

straps1.jpg

straps2.jpg

straps1.jpg.6a8d6224d8925de3c930c89810a3

straps2.jpg.eedc0c5f0777310db5a607cd0f12

Btw, is it just me or is the knife also rendered in front of the clouds during that cutscene when she has it in her hand?

I can never tell, but I always find my eye being drawn to the knife - as if it's more vivid, while Vella's more inside the clouds as it were.

Sign in to follow this