Sign in to follow this  
Mataway

The dark corners of Psychonauts

So I started playing Psychonauts yet again last night, this time with the goal of seeing how many interesting tidbits I could find that were off the beaten path a bit. Currently I'm trying to see what interesting responses I can get out of the camp inhabitants by showing them things and trying to set them on fire.

What were your favorite bits of Psychonauts that weren't necessarily obvious?

Here's one of mine. Last night I went around showing everyone the red button that Sasha gives Raz. Some of the dialog was made of win. I think Elsa's reaction was my favorite; show it to her multiple times to get the full effect.

"Get that button away from me before I sow it to your brain!"

xD

Also, "Hey, I've got a stupid face. Can I join your stupid face club?"

When you use Clairvoyance on Sheegor. Hands down.

JESUS RAZ FTW~ <333 Yay injokes between Cee and I xDDD

Seriously.. It's just so fun to go and use Clairvoyance on people. Cee's gonna try and get to part with Mr Pokeylope again and see how he sees Raz xDD

The button and Mr Pokeylope are two brilliant items to go round showing people. So many funnies

"Nice to meet you Mr. Pokeylope! Now don't crap on my floor" - Ford Cruller

Hehehe!

I never showed mr. Pokeylope to people...

>.>

Now I wish 1) my Xbox was not broken, and 2) I had not made the stupid mistake of lending Psychonauts to a friend.

"Red button is the best

I put it on my vest

And when it brakes like the rest

The boys will see my chest!" Crystal and Clem <3

I love throwing confusion grenades at G-Men. "Wait, do I have a history with this watering can? Oh, yt's right... Disgues.... *AHEMAHEMCOUGHCOUGHCOUGH*"

Also, I love looking for things that other gamers wouldn't bother with, kind of like a tester. I found some intresting Psychonuat stuff. My favorite of them was in Loboto's lab. If you go behind the jars with Milla and Sasha's brain and wait for Loboto to walk up, speak to him. "Raz" says "There he is! Doctor Loboto!" or something along those lines. But guess who's lip syncing? Loboto. Raz's mouth doesn't move. If you have subitles on, it clearly shows that Raz isn't the one saying this. And if you talk a second time, the line is something like "I feel like I know him so well, having practicly lent him my skin today." Ftw? Raz/Loboto? Why were you lending out your skin?

OMG I know. But seriously what was the deal with those two.

I thought they were on drugs. They keep mixing/sniffing those chemicals if you sneak up on themwhile they're on the tower by the main lodge.

That part has yielded the most fun for me the second time through. Punching them had a hilarious effect, as did just repeatedly talking to them.

I thought they were on drugs. They keep mixing/sniffing those chemicals if you sneak up on themwhile they're on the tower by the main lodge.

That part has yielded the most fun for me the second time through. Punching them had a hilarious effect, as did just repeatedly talking to them.

Actually aren't they so depressed that noone appreciates their cheers that they're trying to kill themselves? They're brewing poison, then they plan to jump off the roof, and so on.

Remember kids, Teen suicide is only funny when Tim does it.

Actually aren't they so depressed that noone appreciates their cheers that they're trying to kill themselves? They're brewing poison, then they plan to jump off the roof, and so on.

Remember kids, Teen suicide is only funny when Tim does it.

I didn't really think there was a reason for them being suicidal, but just the idea of suicidal cheerleaders is funny.

...unless, of course, it wasw real.

I absolutely loved the dialog when you show Lili the button. Something like "hey, I have this button you could use to make a friendship bracelet." "Yeah, so you can get rid of it when you stop wanting to be my friend." "Who said it was for me?" "Shut up."

All the little details everywhere about the relationship between Lili and Raz before the scene at the lake = pure awesome.

I especially like how everyone immediately starts calling Lili Raz's girlfriend... :D

Yeah.. They were on acids. Explains the really annoying hyperness.

While holding the cake, talk to Lili while you're in the asylum and Raz'll say "Hey, if I stuffed this cake in your face, you wouldn't be able to anything about it!" And then Lili says something along the lines of "Maybe, not right now, that is. A plan like that would take months of planning..."

It freaked me out a little at first, but then I kept on rofling at Raz's line xD

That gave me a good laugh.

Geez, the wit in that game is amazing. Everytime I play it through, I always get a good laugh. (And Psychonauts always cheers me up when I'm sad!)

I love throwing confusion grenades at G-Men. “Wait, do I have a history with this watering can? Oh, yt’s right… Disgues.... *AHEMAHEMCOUGHCOUGHCOUGH*”

Wait, how in hell is that possible? Don't they all go away after you complete the Milkman Conspiracy level? You know, as in... BEFORE you get ACCESS to Black Velvetopia?

Or are you talking about if you cheat? Because that's a little...... odd, if they'd add extra dialog only obtainable by cheating...

I dunno. Isn't Boyd technically still crazy until he torches the asylum? Maybe you can re-enter his mind and it's the same or something.

I love throwing confusion grenades at G-Men. “Wait, do I have a history with this watering can? Oh, yt’s right… Disgues.... *AHEMAHEMCOUGHCOUGHCOUGH*”

Wait, how in hell is that possible? Don't they all go away after you complete the Milkman Conspiracy level? You know, as in... BEFORE you get ACCESS to Black Velvetopia?

Or are you talking about if you cheat? Because that's a little...... odd, if they'd add extra dialog only obtainable by cheating...

Yah, after my forth play through, I tried out the cheats just to mess around with everything i could. Also, using clarvoiance on Linda was amusing. Lungfish Raz? Yup!

So, yes, after a couple plays of a full game, try the cheats on. It's amusing, what you can do!

OK, you've sold me. Maybe this way I'll actually get to see some of those clairvoyance images that don't work because of the camera angle.... (*COUGHCOUGHEltonandMilkaCOUGHCOUGH*)

Am I like the only one who never bothered with all that? I only used clairvoyance when I needed to in Milkman Conspiracy, and to see the hilarious images you get from the G-Men.

Showing Bobby the button is what made me like him so damn much. :B That kid's got issues.

Also, clairvoyance EVERYONE. Jasper sees Raz as one and a half stars, Sasha sees him as a mini version of himself, Bobby sees a punching bag, Vernon sees a giant ear, and Mikhail is the ONLY one in the game who sees Raz as Raz.

If you return to Boyd's house at certain parts in Boyd's mind, he offers some delightfully cryptic but still somewhat useful advice. And show him all the items. "STOP... being crazy and tell me where the Milkman is!" I think the Den Mom says things when you show her items as well, but it's harder to hear when she's TRYING TO KILL YOU D:

...I can't think of anything else unless we're counting the deleted lines you can find with Psychonauts Explorer. :o

1) "I found this button on Nils' bed... it looks like it came off a girl's dress."

"*gasp!*... I don't care..."

Hahaha, I love that one!

2) The Japanese TV station of just one guy punching another guy in the junk over and over and over.

3) The "DON'T LOOK OVER HERE" poster in Gloria's level.

4) The messages that make fun of you when you watch the credits too long at the title screen.

5) "Why don't you come and alight on my shoulder? (pause) Jerk..." (trying to talk to a bird)

Favorite dialogue in the entire game:

After Maloof befriends Mikhail, the "torture sequence" where Mikhail threatens to put Benny in the deadly nelson.

"Could put in half deadly nelson..."

"What does that do?"

"Like full deadly nelson, but less dying."

"How much less?"

"er... half?"

(if you talk to Mikhail)

"You're not really gonna kill Benny, are you?"

"Difficult to say."

Tim gets a gold star!

Do Clem and Crystal actually do anything once they're on the roof of the Main Lodge? Aside from being cryptic, I mean. They keep mentioning that they'll wait to do the "Project" once the sun goes down so does something happen at night?

Once it's nighttime, everyone's been kidnapped already. I think.

I've never tried poking around camp AFTER it became night but BEFORE Lily got kidnapped, though... So it might be possible.

Once it's nighttime, everyone's been kidnapped already. I think.

I've never tried poking around camp AFTER it became night but BEFORE Lily got kidnapped, though... So it might be possible.

Yeah, I was thinking that, too. And it's still nighttime when you return everyone's brains so I could try that. Luckily I have a file saved when I had everybody re-brain'd and before I got to the POINT OF NO RETURN. Just gotta see if reading the bulletin boards will still work and get them up on the roof.