• Announcements

• Spaff

These Forums are closing!   10/04/2019

After more than a decade of serving this community well, these forums have finally run their course and it's time to close them down. That doesn't mean we want to close the doors on our community, quite the opposite!
      Our discord server grows ever busier by the day, and we encourage all Double Fine fans to meet us over there www.discord.gg/doublefine In a short time these forums will become a read only archive and will remain that way until they become needed again.
      You never know, it might happen.  There is... a prophecy. Thank you all for being part of these forums, and remember that the fun is definitely not over - so please join us on Discord! Love ya, Spaff, Tim, Info Cow, and all of Double Fine.
Sign in to follow this  
chewzilla

Snake Puzzle - Just a red herring?

Getting caught up in the snake's clutches isn't too much of a puzzle, because the only obvious thing to do is blow the horn which sets you free. Is there another way to solve this? Perhaps in Act II? It kind of feels like we're possibly moving away from the original Act I areas though, but that's just a hunch.

I guess my question is, does the snake exist for any reason other than to point out that we've gone the wrong way?

Like you allude to, I assume Shay will be getting past the snake in Act II.

I spent far too much time trying to discover the secret of that damn snake.

Curtis was probably starting to think she had some kind of autoerotic asphyxiation thing going on.

There was also a puzzle on the ship that will be easy In act two. Go back and play a game like monkey island. You go through and discover half a dozen puzzles that you can't solve right away.

There are several places where I though we would go to but didn't I hope we gonna visit the extra ones.

There was also a puzzle on the ship that will be easy In act two. Go back and play a game like monkey island. You go through and discover half a dozen puzzles that you can't solve right away.

The only puzzle I don't remember being able to solve was simply getting the locked door open. Were there others?

The only puzzle I don't remember being able to solve was simply getting the locked door open. Were there others?

Try climbing the whipped cream mountain with Shey. Some special shoes might come in handy.

Sign in to follow this