• Announcements

• Spaff

These Forums are closing!   10/04/2019

After more than a decade of serving this community well, these forums have finally run their course and it's time to close them down. That doesn't mean we want to close the doors on our community, quite the opposite!
      Our discord server grows ever busier by the day, and we encourage all Double Fine fans to meet us over there www.discord.gg/doublefine In a short time these forums will become a read only archive and will remain that way until they become needed again.
      You never know, it might happen.  There is... a prophecy. Thank you all for being part of these forums, and remember that the fun is definitely not over - so please join us on Discord! Love ya, Spaff, Tim, Info Cow, and all of Double Fine.
Sign in to follow this  
Solospieler

Marek is an anagram...

Interesting. In the back of my mind, I was making an association with Garak from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.

(A dry humored exiled spy, on a space station, involved in covert operations, but officially running a simple tailoring business).

I just found something amazing!

Guess which character has "BLUE GILL" as an anagram of their name!!!?

Oh, I thought maybe since he is a creepy wolf, the name Marek was loosely influenced by Gmork, the scary Atreyu-hunting wolf from the Neverending Story.

Gmork is a villain, but also a "voice of adult wisdom" (at least one of which must always show up in every coming-of-age story). While Gmork is trying to hunt down and kill the boy hero, he is also one of the characters who tries to awaken the boy hero to adulthood and maturity by explaining to him how it REALLY is etc etc---although he definitely puts the harsh, pessimistic spin on it that you'd expect from a dark-hearted character.

From where I see Marek going, there just seemed like some interesting parallels there beyond just similar-sounding names.

Also, if you've read the book, you know that Gmork only "takes the form of a wolf" in Atreyu's world, implying that he is something else.

A lot of interesting coincidences there.

gmork-deadly-movies.jpg

I always thought it was from the ever glorious Marek Ishtar (a YuGiOh villain of lowest competence) ;)

Dunno, really I'm not sure what Marke purpose is. He doesn't seem to want to hurt Shay but he isn't really a good guy.

Double Fine - Bun Idle Foe.

It's clearly a clue saying you need to throw buns at your foes when they're idle and will obviously come in play on Act 2.

(I like this crazy-and-obiouisly-wrong-fan-theories thread)

... for maker. And Shay is "a shy".

And Vella is "a evll," which you just know is meant to be "a evil," but Tim changed a letter to hide this important fact from players.

Do you know or do you guess it's wrong, sir?

Do you know or do you guess it's wrong, sir?

This information is classified.

Personally I saw The NeverEnding Story more as "save the world" story. Then again I have not read the books.

Personally I saw The NeverEnding Story more as "save the world" story. Then again I have not read the books.

Yeah the movie is only Act 1 of the book. So read Act 2 quick, it's a wonderfull story...

Sign in to follow this