• Announcements

• Spaff

These Forums are closing!   10/04/2019

After more than a decade of serving this community well, these forums have finally run their course and it's time to close them down. That doesn't mean we want to close the doors on our community, quite the opposite!
      Our discord server grows ever busier by the day, and we encourage all Double Fine fans to meet us over there www.discord.gg/doublefine In a short time these forums will become a read only archive and will remain that way until they become needed again.
      You never know, it might happen.  There is... a prophecy. Thank you all for being part of these forums, and remember that the fun is definitely not over - so please join us on Discord! Love ya, Spaff, Tim, Info Cow, and all of Double Fine.
Sign in to follow this  
mudd1

No drag option in in-game menu

You can only change the interaction style in the main menu under controls, not in the controls options of the in-game menu. The other two options are identical so it might be considered a bug and it's surely mildly annoying when you don't like the new controls.

Agree, right now you have to exit back to the main menu to change that option.

Also it would be nice if say, you preferred click mode on your save file and your girlfriend preferred drag mode that it would carry those UI preferences on your save file. I could see that being an annoyance for some people.

Also it would be nice if say, you preferred click mode on your save file and your girlfriend preferred drag mode that it would carry those UI preferences on your save file. I could see that being an annoyance for some people.

This is easily facilitated by using discrete user accounts on your computer(s); if the game is programmed properly, your saves should end up in your user account, not a shared location (Unfortunately, after a closer look, it appears that Broken Age puts its save files in a subdirectory alongside the game files, which is a poor design choice).

This is easily facilitated by using discrete user accounts on your computer(s); if the game is programmed properly, your saves should end up in your user account, not a shared location (Unfortunately, after a closer look, it appears that Broken Age puts its save files in a subdirectory alongside the game files, which is a poor design choice).

Since it is a cross-platform application, it would be difficult to somehow make it "universally" use a user's private directory (such as Windows' "My Documents" or "My Games") for such data. It would need to do it on Windows, Linux and Mac OS, not to mention programming separately what it should do on other platforms it is being developed for.

Since it is a cross-platform application, it would be difficult to somehow make it "universally" use a user's private directory (such as Windows' "My Documents" or "My Games") for such data. It would need to do it on Windows, Linux and Mac OS, not to mention programming separately what it should do on other platforms it is being developed for.

Discussion continued in this more relevant thread.

Sign in to follow this