Sign in to follow this  
Greg Rice

Project Update 19: 1/25/14

Hey guys, thanks so much for all the feedback in the beta! Just today we pushed a build live that is likely to be our release candidate for launch day on the 28th! We actually made a lot of nice changes since the 14th thanks in part to your thorough bug reports! It would be great if you all could check out the build to help us make sure everything is solid for launch day! The biggest things you should notice are:

-Tons of art and animation polish. The most offensive little pops and flickers have been fixed all over the place, and many backgrounds were retouched at a higher resolution.

-Crash fixes for AMD machines and folks with integrated graphics cards.

-New control options. You can now change from dragging inventory items to a mode where you just click on them. In this new mode, clicking on an inventory item twice will examine it. We also added a mouse sensitivity slider, made the inventory open by just moving the mouse to the bottom left corner, remapped the inventory to right click on PC and Linux, and mapped the dialog choices to the 1, 2, 3, 4 keys. These are rather big changes, so it would be great to hear if it's working correctly for everyone across the whole game!

Thanks for all the support these past two weeks everyone! Can't wait to invite the rest of the public in on the fun!

Once again, thanks to you all for this lovely, charming piece of art. It's been a pleasure watching the progress, reading the forums and last but certainly not least, the game itself. I'll be replaying on launch day and eagerly anticipate the future documentaries (massive thank you to 2player for the masterful docs!).

Best of luck for launch day guys and gals :-D

Kind regards,

Paul aka Sifer

I found a bug: at the beginning of Vella, on the top of hill click, to walk near the house. before you get there click on the village and you will disappear and the camera will stop. you will re-appear when clicking on the ground.

I can upload a video later if this is unclear.

It was already good and now it's better? How nice of you. Thanks, team!

I found a bug: at the beginning of Vella, on the top of hill click, to walk near the house. before you get there click on the village and you will disappear and the camera will stop. you will re-appear when clicking on the ground.

I can upload a video later if this is unclear.

Please post this in the bug forums! Still looking over there for issues.

I've been meaning to replay the game and now with the changes, I definitely can't wait to try it out again! :)

Those sound like great improvements! I encountered the "integrated graphics card" crash (before updating my settings to use my actual graphics card), and I had many issues with the inventory dragging - it kept dropping early for me when I used my bluetooth mouse, which was frustrating. All in all these will go a long way to a smoother experience!

So I finally got to see where the fixed graphics really came into play.

That "2D" fountain now just looks 2D instead of like some really bad pixels! BRAVO!

It personally never bothered me BUT it did stand out like a sore thumb so I am really impressed with the build updates.

BRAVO!

I can't say why, but Cloud Colony looks definitely better! Wow. Good work! And I don't think I saw any layer ordering bugs in this build.

great thing you managed to update the controls before the release! :)

hope the most relevant reviews will be updated to address this...but sadly that's not very likely though :(

Very pleased with the latest update, only played part of Vella's world but was very happy to see visual errors are gone. And thanks for the click-interface option!

So I finally got to see where the fixed graphics really came into play.

That "2D" fountain now just looks 2D instead of like some really bad pixels!

That's funny, I don't know if it's because of the improved graphics, but I only saw a couple of days ago that it's an image of our enlightened friend Harm'ny on that fountain.

Yes just had a quick play and it all feels so much more polished...and love the new interface... Well done Double Fine. I really hope this game sells well for you... It certainly deserves to.

I noticed that the beginning of Shays story feels more smooth'n'polished now! great work!

It's incredible how one can feel the final polish!

AMD machine here (CPU and GPU).

I played it as soon as it was available - was a flawless experience except some really minor flickerings (like Vella's neck sticking out for 1sec and then never showing up again).

I'd like to see the update notes directly on Steam please.

Could you make sure you also paste them there? Thanks.

Steam Numbers....

Current Players // Peak Today

1,596 // 2,229 Broken Age

Wow. :(

-New control options. You can now change from dragging inventory items to a mode where you just click on them. In this new mode, clicking on an inventory item twice will examine it.

Where do you change to this mode? Couldn't figure it out. D:

Also, this post should really be in the Update History (when right-clicking on the game in the Steam library) to let players who aren't backers know what the update actually is. :)

Huh, could've sworn I looked there and only found the Mouse Sensitivity.. I'll look again!

EDIT: Ah, right. The actual Main Menu.. Sorry, was looking in the Options while in-game. Silly me!

So.... when is the next documentary episode coming? Or any update for that matter? Amnesia fortnight was great but now I need my fix.

Considering Part 2 is supposedly due in April and we haven't really hear boo (apart from production statistics) since the last episode about the game, it doesn't fill me with confidence that everything is going swimmingly.

Considering Part 2 is supposedly due in April and we haven't really hear boo (apart from production statistics) since the last episode about the game, it doesn't fill me with confidence that everything is going swimmingly.

It's not due in april anymore. Hasn't been for some time - and actually that was just the earliest they expected it to be out.

Recent interviews have confirmed that it'll be out a bit later in the year, and also that they've raised enough money to fund part 2 development now. So there's no issue.

It's not due in april anymore. Hasn't been for some time - and actually that was just the earliest they expected it to be out.

Recent interviews have confirmed that it'll be out a bit later in the year, and also that they've raised enough money to fund part 2 development now. So there's no issue.

Where are these "recent interviews" ?

I don't see any update regarding the April release date issue in "DFA: From Double Fine and 2 Player Productions". At least not any clear one. Isn't this the place where we get our most direct information?

Just seems like there's no enthusiasm in this project anymore.

I know you're the DF white knight who comes to their defence whenever you can, but you have to admit that the momentum of DFA has completely disappeared.

So to say that there's no "issue" when we're not hearing anything at all - that IS the issue, for me at least.

Where are these "recent interviews" ?

I don't see any update regarding the April release date issue in "DFA: From Double Fine and 2 Player Productions". At least not any clear one. Isn't this the place where we get our most direct information?

Just seems like there's no enthusiasm in this project anymore.

I know you're the DF white knight who comes to their defence whenever you can, but you have to admit that the momentum of DFA has completely disappeared.

So to say that there's no "issue" when we're not hearing anything at all - that IS the issue, for me at least.

"For me at least"

Okay, so you have your panties in a wad so the rest of the community should, too?

Let's put it into perspective: They just spent two full weeks creating completely new games from scratch while broadcasting NEARLY EVERYTHING while they did it. Did you watch the twitch streams? Did you pay attention to the updates? They did a lot of work to create new and unique titles that will probably become their full time projects in the coming years.

I think Doublefine as well as the community could put up with a little break in between that and Broken Age part 2 considering the over saturation of content.

Besides, do you really think Doublefine is just twiddling their thumbs and wasting time? Have you WATCHED the documentary episodes?? They of all people know that time is limited and I'm sure they are using it as wisely as they possibly can.

I'd get a grip if I were you and enjoy what they produced from Amnesia Fortnight while you wait for an update.

Edit: And everywhere says "Later this year." Did you even try to google your information before you started to complain? Obviously it is not April.

Sign in to follow this