Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ThunderPeel

Is the soundtrack for Act II as well?

I've not listened to it yet, but I was wondering: Is this the COMPLETE soundtrack? I.e. Does it feature music from scenes that we've not heard yet, and won't hear until Act II?

Thanks.

Sounds too short to be for Act 2 as well... And I *think* I heard every single one of the tracks in game, but I'm not sure.

I'm sure Peter will want to write all new material for the second act. The game would be pretty lackluster and inconsistent if that didn't happen. I don't think Tim would do that.

One would assume he will. They might just be remixing the existing music (since they said they needed to do some of that anyway) though. In the latest documentary episode they said McConnel doesn't know all of the act 2 story yet (right after they showed music recording) so one would assume that all he did so far was for act 1.

I just listened to it while I worked and apart from noticing how excellent it is, I also noticed that it is indeed only Act I -- every bit of music was used somewhere in the first half. Looking forward to hearing the second half!

Well, the second Act wasn't even designed yet. That is, nothing was made for it. They still need to do it. Peter was contracted to do Act I so far only. I thought it was obvious that there would be no Act II material there. I really hope Peter gets to compose more for the next Act, though, and not have any repeated or remixed tracks from the first Act. After all the care and attention Peter gave to every theme in Act I, it'd be weird to suddenly play Act II with not the same amount of care and attention to detail given to it. It all depends on budget too, I suppose, but I still don't see that happening.

Well give they made the decision to release half the game first, I'm guessing SOME work was done on the second half? Maybe not by that genius McConnell though.

Well give they made the decision to release half the game first, I'm guessing SOME work was done on the second half? Maybe not by that genius McConnell though.

Tim said in the documentary that he has all the puzzles for act 2 planned out. But of course it's only a rough plan and I bet things will change during the development process. Nevertheless, the process for act 2 will be shorter cause they have most of the script written already, as well as most of the art assets and the game engine itself.

Tim said in the documentary that he has all the puzzles for act 2 planned out. But of course it's only a rough plan and I bet things will change during the development process. Nevertheless, the process for act 2 will be shorter cause they have most of the script written already, as well as most of the art assets and the game engine itself.

Also the most important part they have their development pipeline ready now. Everyone knows what to do how it will be implemented in the game and more like that. Which will probably make the art development go so much faster.

Sign in to follow this