• Announcements

• Spaff

These Forums are closing!   10/04/2019

After more than a decade of serving this community well, these forums have finally run their course and it's time to close them down. That doesn't mean we want to close the doors on our community, quite the opposite!
      Our discord server grows ever busier by the day, and we encourage all Double Fine fans to meet us over there www.discord.gg/doublefine In a short time these forums will become a read only archive and will remain that way until they become needed again.
      You never know, it might happen.  There is... a prophecy. Thank you all for being part of these forums, and remember that the fun is definitely not over - so please join us on Discord! Love ya, Spaff, Tim, Info Cow, and all of Double Fine.
Sign in to follow this  
Acorino

[Bug][RC8]Shay on the bridge switches between leaning back in the seat and floating mid-air

I'm playing through Broken Age again now for the first time since release day and I found a bug I hadn't before! In the dialogue in the cockpit (so the speak) on the bridge, after Shay has broken out of the routine (it may happen before, too), he leans back normally in his chair at first and then pops into mid-air! And back into the chair. The interval between these changes may be regular.

Sadly I didn't make a screenshot when I saw the bug and now I don't seem to be able to reproduce it. :(

Edit: I managed to reproduce it! I think for this to happen Shay has to be on the bridge first, then you have to switch to Vella, have a scene change with her, then switch back to Shay, enter the cockpit (I did this both times by clicking on mother). Shay then floats in mid-air, though at what position exactly changes everytime I have this bug. After a while Shay leans back normally in the chair again, then floats in mid-air again...like I said.

I'm playing through Broken Age again now for the first time since release day and I found a bug I hadn't before! In the dialogue on the bridge after Shay has broken out of the routine (it may happen before, too) he leans back normally in his chair at first but then pops into mid-air instead! And then back into the chair. The interval between these changes may be regular.

Sadly I didn't make a screenshot when I saw the bug and now I don't seem to be able to reproduce it. :(

I think I know exactly what you're talking about. Will take a look, thanks for posting!

Hmm, I tried following the steps in the edit but I can't reproduce this. I checked the data and everything seems okay.

Sign in to follow this