Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chapter11

Bit of an issue with Teamstream 15 on Youtube

TheStateofYoutube_zpsa9151fa6.png

I saw the Teamstream go up and clicked on Part 3 and was just greeted by a tidal wave of copyright claims. Perfectly illustrates the current, broken state of copyright claims on Youtube really.

Yeah, that's the problem with making videos on YouTube that contain music that is not explicitly licensed to you (or to the public in general) for use in monetised but gratis videos. The reason so many people use Kevin MacLeod's music (incompetech) in their videos, as well as the reason that fan made music videos took a drastic hit when Vevo and the music industry in general made their deals with Google. And even if you can view it at one locale that doesn't mean you can view it anywhere else.

Twitch archives are better for this, streams there are not subject to this kind of automatic filtering.

YouTube's new automated copyright notice system is very aggressive with it's notices now. Unless you're a managed affiliate channel, mere seconds of any song audible will get you a notice. Of course, playing music through your entire stream, more than a few. :P

Still live on Twitch though, as well as part 3.

We muted the soundtrack and thus the youtube versions are back!

Well, it seems the German youtube blocker apparantly can detect muted sounds, the second video is still blocked here.

So yeah, looks like someone copyrighted silence. *groan*

At least it was still watchable on the twitch channel, but seriously, youtube and GEMA need to get their heads out of each others

Pizzas, because this stuff is getting ridonkulously dumb.

This playlist mix running as background music to the art is the best thing ever. Blade Runner, Ambient Melodic Trance, Noir, Funk...

I noticed you're using Spotify there at Doublefine. HOW DO I FOLLOW THIS?

I need to spin these Doublefine Grooves at my own workplace. For serious.

Tell me that this is from a curated stream somewhere and that I can at least get a track listing.

Sign in to follow this