Sign in to follow this  

slight redesign, please?

I think DF is trying to play it safe for low performance hardware, but a fully fitted justice branch office looks awfully empty with just 4 simpletons hopping around (I'd like to be able to have more than 4 heroes active in the office at the same time).

And that's just the visual side, as I am infuriated with the hero roster.

Again, I see why you guys would limit the number of dollops on screen, but having to open the roster, deactivate a hero, even while they're beating up goons on a delegation, and looking for the other one to let that one heal, chillout or train - no, sir, Mr. Schafer, sir, but that's more than a spoonfull of yakpoop.

In my opinion, surplus heroes should be activated automatically once there are less than four on stand by in the office.

Also, sense of duty aside, I can't imagine grown people waiting for orders to go to bed or sit in front of the mindwasher - pardon, TV.

Even while they're wearing their pajamas to work.

Personaly, a slider on the respective room to 'allow' access to these rooms from a certain percentage, would work better.

Yes, keeping the active heroes to be 4 was a conservative approach to make sure that all textures for their spritesheets fit in memory. And it was done so since the range of devices when released was from old ipod touches to the ipad 4's. I do want to allow for more heroes in base if the device has more memory, we just need to come up with a clever way of doing this since the range of device is so large and getting at that info isn't the most straightforward...

instead of trying to detect memory size, how about using generic textures? In other words, gym dresses for the two training rooms, business attire for the callcenter (secret identity!), branch supplied sleeping pajamas....

As additional geekjoke, turn the research room into a hazmat zone complete with orange jumpsuits, flashy isolation benches made from mobi-johns and a slot racer track as Large Hadron Collider.

And I really really really want heroes to be able to go to bed, watch tv and cycle in on their own when I send others off to fight without babysitting them.

It's true that managing the team is a lot less fun that it should be at the moment. Maybe they could just have matching uniforms/jumpsuits in the office? (Edit: In order to reduce the RAM requirements.)