Sign in to follow this  
nmalinoski

Feature Request: Arrow keys + Enter for navigating dialogue tree

I think it would be nice to be able to navigate the dialogue trees with Up/Down (Maybe S/W as well for the ASDW crowd) and make selections with Enter.

I feel that I should point out that you can select dialogue options with numbers now, which arguably is faster and more convenient than navigating the dialogue menu with arrow keys.

I feel that I should point out that you can select dialogue options with numbers now, which arguably is faster and more convenient than navigating the dialogue menu with arrow keys.

...How is the player supposed to know about that?

I think it would be nice to be able to navigate the dialogue trees with Up/Down (Maybe S/W as well for the ASDW crowd) and make selections with Enter.
Exactly! I would love this too. It's just like in the old LucasArts-adventures. :)

You can actually do it in a number of adventure games. Also, I suppose they could put a help screen in the menu that explains the finer points of the interface.

How would the players be supposed to know that they can use the arrow keys? ;)

A tutorial mode featuring Curtis and the Dialog Tree!

Noooooo! Please no tutorial! Also no on-screen pampering. This is supposed to be an old school game. The very least we can expect is a game that doesn't have to tell us to "find a way forward" *cringe*.

A tutorial mode featuring Curtis and the Dialog Tree!

Noooooo! Please no tutorial! Also no on-screen pampering. This is supposed to be an old school game. The very least we can expect is a game that doesn't have to tell us to "find a way forward" *cringe*.

No, no, just enough of a tutorial to inform people how to use the interface. Single area, really silly, and not connected to the storyline in any way. Just because the game is old school doesn't mean we have to throw out all niceties of modern gaming.

The user interface should be intuitive enough not to need a tutorial...

How would the players be supposed to know that they can use the arrow keys? ;)

That's been a standard in computers since keyboards with arrows and word processors exist. Pressing numbers for selecting a text that doesn't feature numbers anywhere, is not.

Sign in to follow this