Sign in to follow this  
Greg Rice

Episode 14: I Think This Is A Winner

Excellent, a new episode! :D

I'm curious, would it be possible to know which backgrounds and animations where updated?

I'm the guy streaming at the end!!!!

You sure have a fitting username :)

Great episode! I liked watching the reactions of Tim & Co. to the player/reviewer reactions. I could probably watch 30 minutes of just that.

Couldn't agree more with this post. Please make an episode or sidequest or whatever you may call it, that has Tim and team watching streams, reading comments and reacting to feedback!

Fantastic work, you guys! I shed several tears of happiness while watching this; the part about the launch was especially heartwarming to see. Congratulations, Double Fine, and many countless thanks! :D

As always, I love watching these. They really are a big highlight of the month for me. Thank you for keeping them coming!

PS I think it is spelt "weiner".

I just finished watching it. Awesome episode!

Also, congratulations everyone! Thank you for such an awesome game! I hope you get all the sales you need and more :)

Loved it! Thank you guys and good luck for the release. I'm sure it will be a huge success.

The marketing research for Psychonauts was hilarious, they basically listed every positive as a negative.

Congratulations on act 1's release! I'm really looking forward to act 2!

Well done, folks! Hope you have blockbuster numbers. You deserve it.

I'm the guy streaming at the end!!!!

You sure have a fitting username :)

Great episode! I liked watching the reactions of Tim & Co. to the player/reviewer reactions. I could probably watch 30 minutes of just that.

Couldn't agree more with this post. Please make an episode or sidequest or whatever you may call it, that has Tim and team watching streams, reading comments and reacting to feedback!

This, very much, love, I would!! :D

Thank you guys!

The greatest compliment I can give - and the greatest thing in this game for which I would like to compliment you: I was able to play the game with my practically non-gamer fiancée (definitely not adventure gamer) - and she loved it as much as I did. I think this is a sign of a great game. :D

Way to go!!!

The hours approaching, just give it your best

You've got to reach your prime.

That's when you need to put yourself to the test,

And show us a passage of time,

We're gonna need a montage (montage)

Oh it takes a montage (montage)

Show a lot of things happing at once,

Remind everyone of what's going on (what's going on?)

And with every shot you show a little improvement

To show it all would take to long

That's called a montage (montage)

Oh we want montage (montage)

And anything that we want to go from just a beginner to a pro,

You need a montage (montage)

Even Rocky had a montage (montage)

(Montage,montage)

Anything that we want to go from just a beginner to a pro,

You need a montage (montage)

Oh it takes a montage (montage)

Always fade out in a montage,

If you fade out, it seem like more time

Has passed in a montage,

Montage

Great episode, I hope we will see this documentation somewhen in TV on Discovery Channgel or National Geographic. I think many people would watch it. For me personally I did not watch any of the epsiodes escept the first one for about a year. After then i watch the second one and i was immediatly attached to it. Since then i couldnt wait for the new ones. It really hooked me up.

Sadly i couldnt play Broken Age yet, as i am not using steam. I am also quite happy that you found a way to release it earlier DRM free so i can enjoy the game probably within the next couple of weeks.!! Great job!!

I hope you will work as dedicated on Act 2 as on Act 1 and especially raise the difficulty (i assume its really easy as almost everybody says its too easy!!!)

Have fun, be dedicated and i am looking forward for more unique games from you guys.

Even if the Microsoft marketing guys were right (in terms of selling the game to the mass of people) i am glad you didnt change the game and released it as it is. I loved the game and i ordered it directly from your shop :) I still won't forget the personal smiley on the invoice / delivery note :) It is/was something really special and rare those days and still today :)

Cheers

Great documentary :D Loved it. I hope it's selling like cupcakes :D Good luck and I cant wait for act 2. And another adventure in the land of the dead :D Must have that hope after 16 years ;)

Congrats on releasing Act I! It's been a privilege watching the game progress from start to finish with the documentary, it makes us feel connected to the game even stronger than usual.

Tonight I'll host a live stream on twitch to promote Broken Age. Should reach a few thousand sets of eyes.

http://www.twitch.tv/dansgaming

Man, the pain of creating a video game. I really hope it's all worth it for everyone at DF!!!

One thing: Why isn't there a new article announcing the release of BROKEN AGE on the DF homepage? :-/

I really felt for Ray and Camden. I hope you guys realize how much all your hard work is appreciated. The animation and sound design in the game are absolutely amazing!

Thank you so much for Act 1. It's a beautiful piece of work from a whole host of talented people and it shows in the polish, the little touches and the big giant heart it has. My wife thought I was watching an animated show when she caught glimpses of me playing it :)

Can't wait for Act 2!

On a side note, I can't believe it's been two years already. It doesn't feel like it and it's all down to the documentary and feeling like you're part of the development. On one hand I wish more companies could do things like this but on the other, I don't think there are that many companies that could pull it off. I know how hard it is to develop games and seeing your team struggle with which features to cut and what to keep, how to fit everything into a tight schedule is a familiar sight. All part of the joys of game development, but the results are worth it. Especially when you finally get to see people playing the game you've spent a long time working on, there's nothing quite like it :)

Man, the pain of creating a video game. I really hope it's all worth it for everyone at DF!!!

One thing: Why isn't there a new article announcing the release of BROKEN AGE on the DF homepage? :-/

Ding! :)

I've added the news to Mixnmojo as well. It can't hurt!

That part about the "2 girls on my lap". I thought THE SAME THING but decided to not post anything. THANK YOU for putting that in the documentary :)

That part about the "2 girls on my lap". I thought THE SAME THING but decided to not post anything. THANK YOU for putting that in the documentary :)

I thought Tim was going to say something about Charlie Sheen being a backer :)

Oh god. That marketing document made my blood curdle. D:

At least neither Schafer now Wolpaw were intimidated enough to stop making witty games.

That little tear from Tim at the end made me cry. This has been such an amazing project and I cannot in any way be happier to have been a part of it so far. The game is great and the team that made it is even better! I want to say thanks to Double Fine for being so open during this project and, thank you for letting me be a part of it. I hope this sells well and everything goes well for you guys. Thank you so much for everything! Also quick shout out to DFAnna And DfOliver for the help with 8 bit mode you guys are the best!

Haha, "You're playing the game wrong"

Actually, I totaly agree with the player who didn't understand why he needed shoes.

I thinks this dialogue should be enabled only after Vella talks to Car'l about shoes...

Currently, it just might feel like a "plot hole" or something.

At 9:47 my heart skipped a heartbeat: Tim has a Ryan Davis button on his desk.

That really made my day.

I loved that dude. :'(

I need to know what that poster at 28:48 is! Nobody else saw that?

That's mine! It's the limited Capy/Double Fine print we sold at PAX East last year. Soooooooo rad.

Awww man, I really felt for Camden with his baggy eyes and also for Tim at the end of the episode: even after reading some positive comments he still has this worried look on his face (when the credits roll). I wonder how the team got through the storm of comments after the beta-release. Something which will undoubtedly feature in next episode :)

I paused the video at the team-picture: really took some time to study the faces and enjoying the the fact that I recognised so many! It also hit me what a small group it actually is. That it's 'just' this group of people that worked - especially these last months - like crazy in getting the game out (t)here.

I really hope the game sells well, not only for (*dramatic voice on*) the sake of adventure games (*dramatic voice off*), but also because I feel the company deserves it. And it saddens me to hear that despite all the great games they've made it's still such a struggle. Fingers crossed for Broken Age!! Will post about it's release on my Facebook and hopefully I can persuade some people into buying!

Sign in to follow this