Sign in to follow this  
Greg Rice

Episode 14: I Think This Is A Winner

Two things:

1: That is a sweet-ass looking poster in the blurry foreground at 28:50. WANT.

2: Can we get our hands on some of the soundtrack songs for this documentary? The tune around the 25/26 minute mark was amazing =)

OH, and great game guys! Three things, I guess. Told myself I'd play half an hour because I had loads of work to do, and I ended up finishing it. Darn your addictively artistic game!

Check out Terence Lee for the soundtrack. One of the best musicians out there imo.

Any plans for Double Fine Adventure II yet? I'm in. You've already got the SCUBA (Script Creation Utility for Broken Age) ready.

Congratulations on making such a beautiful game!

Also, I'm glad you split it in two so I get to see more documentary episodes! ;D

Double Fine you're my heroes! Hi from Russia!

Tim Schafer - you're my God. And you got a sidekick St. Peter McConnell. Since your LEC days you're my idols :)

Keep up the good work. Long lives to you(that was kinda selfish).

Anyway - the genre is back. Thanks to you. Backers did their part of course - but the initial idea to back adventure game development!

Genius!

Congratulations with successiful launch! May you make a big amount of cash. An make more mooore moooooore!!!

An amazing game so far guys! It definitely brings back memories of Full Throttle and Day of the Tentacle... I can't wait for Act 2

The end when Tim reacts to the backer saying "I think this is a Winner" gave me crazy goose bumps. That was just amazing film work. I'm so happy for all the people that worked on this, and extremely thankful for giving me an experience that i'll never forget, and heck it still ain't over! Can't wait for the next episode!

You guys put so much of your time and energy to make this game and I couldn't be more thankful. I feel awful now for saying the game was too short, seeing Tim watch that guy play at the end of the episode really touched me, you bastards. I am so excited for act 2 now, congratulations on an fantastic first half.

So this was just great, I LOVED the game, these episodes are always amazing, and I'm so so happy to see all the good reviews and praise POURING in. I'm so damn happy for you. What everyone else has been saying is so true, seeing you guys in action for the past 2 years has really connected me to the studio, I feel like I kind of know everyone there on the Reds teams and it just makes me so happy to see you all so happy/relieved.

Though...I've gotta bring it up. Did anyone else notice the hardcore Greg Rice nippage at the 7:00? It was entrancing.

Any plans for Double Fine Adventure II yet? I'm in. You've already got the SCUBA (Script Creation Utility for Broken Age) ready.

Best idea ever! SCUBA... LOL!!! :) Very nice!

Maybe in 20 years we'll all be playing Double Fine's classic adventure games via SCUBAVM. ;)

Too bad, I was hoping I could get a glimpse of in-house discussion of the (short-lived) "review embargo", but there's no mention of it on the episode. It was a quite a big deal outside, and doublefine changed positions rather quickly, so I wanted to see how it developed from your perspective.

I suppose this kind of discussion don't make for a satisfying episode ending, but then perhaps we could get it as a side quest?

Too bad, I was hoping I could get a glimpse of in-house discussion of the (short-lived) "review embargo", but there's no mention of it on the episode.

I think this episode covered up to the release of the game to backers, I imagine the reactions from backers, and general public upon the wider release, would be covered in the next episode?

Too bad, I was hoping I could get a glimpse of in-house discussion of the (short-lived) "review embargo", but there's no mention of it on the episode.

I think this episode covered up to the release of the game to backers, I imagine the reactions from backers, and general public upon the wider release, would be covered in the next episode?

Yes.

This wonderful episode managed to make me feel guilty for my critical reaction to the puzzle design.

Still, I'm vocal because I love you, guys.

+1-ing this post because it was a wonderful episode and I also love you guys.

I don't, however, feel guilty for being critical of how easy the puzzles were. Sorry. :P

Yes.
Sweet. Looking forward to it. Keep up the good work!

Yes.

I can't wait!!! ^_^

Wow...now I need a picture of Ray and Camden to put on my nightstand. :)

I WANT the Brutal Legend post next to Greg (good girls one)! 30:23!! Get 'er into the store! Or just send me that one, I'm flexible!

You might want to blur the list of email addresses at 17:28 and 17:34. These episodes are so much fun to watch - thanks!

I don't know if it's asking too much but i,and i think other backers would like to know how well Broken Age is doing now that it's gone public.

A weekly or monthly update with sales numbers would be nice,i know i'd be happy to know if the game is doing well.

I'm the guy streaming at the end!!!! Thank you guys so much for watching me play, it was really really enjoyable and I ended up turning the stream off (due to the embargo) and marathoning the rest of the game in one sitting!

I watched episode 14 again and I just realized something: Congratulations, your quote is the title of an episode! ;)

and marathoning the rest of the game in one sitting!
Woah, a 4 hour episode in one sitting? That surely is a marathon :-P

I feel like if we could somehow put the end half of this episode on the steam sales page than people would just bawl money at broken age. :P

Seriously, the feels are strong with this one...

I like near the ending where Tim states the guy on Twitch is playing it wrong. Also, it was interesting how their mock reviewer noted how pricing would determine metacritic scores.

...video doesn't seem to be working for me.

Getting "Sorry. There was an error encountered while loading this video." on the first player, and "operation timed out" on the alternate player.

:(

...video doesn't seem to be working for me.

Getting "Sorry. There was an error encountered while loading this video." on the first player, and "operation timed out" on the alternate player.

:(

Same here :( Was right in the middle of watching it, had to pause to do some work, came back and video failed.

Sign in to follow this