• Announcements

• Spaff

These Forums are closing!   10/04/2019

After more than a decade of serving this community well, these forums have finally run their course and it's time to close them down. That doesn't mean we want to close the doors on our community, quite the opposite!
      Our discord server grows ever busier by the day, and we encourage all Double Fine fans to meet us over there www.discord.gg/doublefine In a short time these forums will become a read only archive and will remain that way until they become needed again.
      You never know, it might happen.  There is... a prophecy. Thank you all for being part of these forums, and remember that the fun is definitely not over - so please join us on Discord! Love ya, Spaff, Tim, Info Cow, and all of Double Fine.
Sign in to follow this  
Greg Rice

Episode 14: I Think This Is A Winner

06:17 - Massively disrespectful of VGX.

That was completely unnecessary of them.

VGx was poorly executed.

This episode shows again what a likable bunch the doublefine team is....

Between Tim and Greg and Lee, Levi, Anna, Oliver, Lydia, Dave, Ryan, Camden and all the others...

They pour so much heart into their work, and it shows.

Great job on 2PP's part, too. They catch the moments, and highlight them.

Can't wait to see how the development of act 2 is going to look like,

how the team is feeling now that they've got feedback on act 1...

Keep up the good work, you guys, and a warm electronic hug and/or high five!

VGx was poorly executed.

I watched it despite being on 12AM CET, and yeah, at least it was massively awkward... Joel McHale is a funny guy, IDK if they told him to act uncomfortable, like someone who doesn't want to be there, he's not that guy. Or at least doesn't come over like that in interviews...

I have not had time to play my copy yet, but I just want to say thank you for making this game. The documentaries alone continually make my day and give me renewed courage to pursue my dreams. I love you, Doublefine!! :) No, really.

Is Greg's "office" out in the hallway?

The office is essentially one huge corridor. The only people in the main space with actual enclosed offices are Tim, Justin Bailey, and Isa, and 2 Player shares one room. There's also a dedicated separate space for the audio guys. Everyone else has a desk on the floor in the main DF space.

While being a backer of this game I didn't download the beta version.

I downloaded it today for the first time, and after starting it..

..I was looking at the main menu, watching the animations, listening to the sound, for like 5 minutes, just feeling happy :).

Then I jumped into the game.

Playing it, feels a bit like if I would have been a part of creating this game. I'm obviously not, but following you guys in the video episodes for so long, and now actually seeing the results - feels like home :), I now realize what you guys were so sorrow and excited about all the time.

It is beautiful! Congratulations and my best regards!

Elstyr

"You're playing it wrong" - I'm sure all developers have said this (jokingly of course) at one time or another. Broken Age is wonderful Tim & team, good job!

Did anybody get their shipped copy yet? I see it released on steam. Would love to get my kickstarter copy.

Physical copies won't be made until the whole game is finished.

Any idea on the non-backer sales figures? I'm hoping you guys are making enough to make Act 2 even better.

I think I missed something.. Where do slacker-backers get the Steam key for the game?

I think I missed something.. Where do slacker-backers get the Steam key for the game?
You should have an email. (It might have got lost in spam folder.) Also, go to https://www.humblebundle.com and use the key recovery. Enter the email you used to slacker back, and that -should- get a copy of the key sent if you lost the original email.

Thanks Vectorferret! The problem was that my Humble Bundle account email was not the same as my PayPal email (the one I used to back Broken Age). I forgot about them being different.. All is good now! :)

Was under the impression that this video was going to have act 1 spoilers so I held off watching it, no that I got a chance I think this is one of my favorites. It does a great job of showing how down to the wire you guys truly get when it comes to release time. I've never been one to complain about a game company for release delays, but now I have an even stronger feeling of respect for companies that can release a quality product and meet their deadlines.

I would also like to thank you guys for Broken Age in general. While I agree with those who say that some of the puzzles where quite basic, the environments and characters were worth the price of admission alone. I am very excited for Act 2.

Is Greg's "office" out in the hallway?

The office is essentially one huge corridor. The only people in the main space with actual enclosed offices are Tim, Justin Bailey, and Isa, and 2 Player shares one room. There's also a dedicated separate space for the audio guys. Everyone else has a desk on the floor in the main DF space.

About 2PP, (hogging an office!) I might imagine that they are on the Double Fine payroll at this stage? Pretty sure the funds for their documentary raised by the Kickstarter would be running a little dry by now, two years later? (or does it actually scale as a proportion of the backer amount?) I wouldn't want those fellows living on ramen while they are creating this compelling and historic reality TV series chronicling the plucky undertakings of the The Finest Video Games Company in The World.

I hope we might see 2PP hanging around at least for the rest of this year. I guess we already know that they are at least staying to cover Amnesia Fortnight 2014, then Part two of Broken Age development, and then they can segue smoothly into coverage of Massive Chalice (is that coverage actually going to be in parallel?). Maybe they can turn their lenses to some of the SpaceBase DF9 creation process?

Hopefully the goings on at Double Fine will be enough to feed their cameras and demand the undivided attention of their remarkable talent.

I played the game the day it came out and was able to devote more time to complete it the following weekend. (Four hours total I think) I didn't initially post what I thought of it, because I figured one more voice among the crowd didn't matter too much. After watching this latest doc episode though, I decided to post. It can't hurt to have more love after all :) and that's exactly what I felt: lots of love! Broken Age has been so much more than a game. Its been a two year experience. I've invested not just my initial backing money, but time watching the videos, comments here on the forums, and dreams about magic created by good people with great ideas. Everyone did a fantastic job. I can't wait for more from Double Fine. Thank you for letting us into your world!

I never got to donate to the Kickstarter but I donated thru Slacker Backer. Am I still allowed to play the game for free or do I have to buy it? I'm just trying to figure out how I play it.

I never got to donate to the Kickstarter but I donated thru Slacker Backer. Am I still allowed to play the game for free or do I have to buy it? I'm just trying to figure out how I play it.

I also Slacker Backered it, and yes, you do get to play the game (presuming your backing level was high enough). Check your email for a URL from humblebundle.com titled "Broken Age, Act 1"

I never received that email. I'll assume I didn't donate enough. Bummer.

Did you check your spam folder? Alternatively, you can create an account on the Humble Bundle store and see if you can claim a Steam key. Make sure you use the email you used to back with. Otherwise, if you think you really didn't donate enough (I think it was only $15? I can't remember), you can still buy the game on Steam.

You're a massive help. Thank you. Checked spam folder and found nothing. Signed up for Humble Bundle so we'll see what happens.

You're a massive help. Thank you. Checked spam folder and found nothing. Signed up for Humble Bundle so we'll see what happens.

Check "my library" in the top right hand corner of the humble bundle store. Expand "claim past purchases." Hopefully, it will show up there.

If all else fails and you think you donated the proper amount of money, you can email support@doublefine.com

"Your playing it wrong!" lol duh I agree Tim, fell through the clouds, obviously need cloud shoes.. Sheesh. Damn great game though, played it twice already. Also with your games, maybe my memory isn't the greatest but you make games that I can go back and play, and they feel new again. At least I wouldn't know the puzzles again right away, always something I'd have to think of and go , "Yeah that's right!!" then the excitement of figuring it out all over again!! Well done doublefine this is a work of art and had a huge smile on my face the whole time I played. Might of even had a glazed eyes moment in just sheer happiness to see this made possible.

Also 2PP another great video as well. Absolutely love all your guys work on this project big props to everything. i'm sure you have enjoyed this journey just as much as us fans.

Finally got around to watching the 2PP episode for the launch. I really wish there had been a big plastic button that everyone had to press for the game to go live...in any case, congrats to everyone who worked on this awesome game on a job well done. Can't wait to see what's in store not only for Act 2 but for the future of Double Fine as a whole.

Great episode and great first act of the game! Finally got around to finishing it and I really enjoyed playing it. I agree with some of the reviews that have said it was a bit too easy, and I hope that act 2 will be a little longer, but otherwise it's a great game imho. I really like the art style, the voice acting, the story and the jokes. Just increase the difficulty a little and make the second act longer than the first, then it'll be perfect.

Sign in to follow this