• Announcements

• Spaff

These Forums are closing!   10/04/2019

After more than a decade of serving this community well, these forums have finally run their course and it's time to close them down. That doesn't mean we want to close the doors on our community, quite the opposite!
      Our discord server grows ever busier by the day, and we encourage all Double Fine fans to meet us over there www.discord.gg/doublefine In a short time these forums will become a read only archive and will remain that way until they become needed again.
      You never know, it might happen.  There is... a prophecy. Thank you all for being part of these forums, and remember that the fun is definitely not over - so please join us on Discord! Love ya, Spaff, Tim, Info Cow, and all of Double Fine.
Sign in to follow this  
The_Typer

Successful or No?

True, but these things on kickstarted projects, particularly this one, tend to prompt more emotion than most other game releases.

Broken Sword 5 was a Kickstarted project, too.

I realise that, hence particularly this one.

I'm not saying I have a problem with different price points, I'm not arguing with you, I just predict a fresh wave of complaining if Broken Age on iOs is considerably cheaper than on Steam, or considerably cheaper than the original backer price.

I think maybe the reason that Broken Sword gets off lighter is that people are more au fait with Kickstarter now, the type of people who back now are likely very different, and it has ~1/4 the number of backers compared to BA.

You're probably right, there will be a lot of complaining, no matter what happens.

Of the top of my Head i hardly can think of any game on the Appstore that is priced higher than 10$. There are a bunch of TellTale titles but they edge that price in by Episodes, there are old (and some new) Square Enix games... Phoenix Wright, maybe, but the 14,99€ Net you three NDS games (which you could also buy individually for less).

Apps are just cheaper. If you expect it to be 25€ on iOS you are insane. I´ed say it will be 9.99 to 14.99 with the options for dropping to 7.99 or 9.99/12.99 whenever there is a reason to put it on sale.

Sign in to follow this