• Announcements

• Spaff

These Forums are closing!   10/04/2019

After more than a decade of serving this community well, these forums have finally run their course and it's time to close them down. That doesn't mean we want to close the doors on our community, quite the opposite!
      Our discord server grows ever busier by the day, and we encourage all Double Fine fans to meet us over there www.discord.gg/doublefine In a short time these forums will become a read only archive and will remain that way until they become needed again.
      You never know, it might happen.  There is... a prophecy. Thank you all for being part of these forums, and remember that the fun is definitely not over - so please join us on Discord! Love ya, Spaff, Tim, Info Cow, and all of Double Fine.
Sign in to follow this  
Anemone

To the DFA staff: Can I get a garamond?

When I backed this project, I was expecting nostalgia, but I didn't get it. The primary reason being the utter absence of serifs. Nothing makes people feel nostalgic like a typeface with serifs, but I guess Double Fine doesn't really care about serifs as much as they act.

Before anyone gets defensive and calls me a troll or tells me to stop making parody threads or that KestrilPi's parody thread is better, you're entitled to your opinion, but so am I.

*drops microphone*

... you do realise you keep bothering the Staff for no reason, considering they A) do read this forum, B) can't possibly know for sure by the title whether you are serious or not and so have to open the topic?

In essence, this is spam. It failed to be funny the first time around.

3/10 :-/

Spoken like a true uncivilized ruffian who has no respect for typography.

When I backed this project, I was expecting nostalgia, but I didn't get it. The primary reason being the utter absence of serifs. Nothing makes people feel nostalgic like a typeface with serifs, but I guess Double Fine doesn't really care about serifs as much as they act.

Before anyone gets defensive and calls me a troll or tells me to stop making parody threads or that KestrilPi's parody thread is better, you're entitled to your opinion, but so am I.

*drops microphone*

I know this is meant to be a joke but I think it would have been nice to have those old blocky fonts in the 8-bit easter egg mode.

... you do realise you keep bothering the Staff for no reason, considering they A) do read this forum, B) can't possibly know for sure by the title whether you are serious or not and so have to open the topic?

In essence, this is spam. It failed to be funny the first time around.

I clearly thought the first one was great. I regret nothing.

They can't tell by the title whether I'm serious about asking them for the garamond typeface? Seems unlikely.

I know this is meant to be a joke but I think it would have been nice to have those old blocky fonts in the 8-bit easter egg mode.

Oh totally.

Maybe if people don't like bad puns like I do, then this should be a thread about how much we like certain typefaces.

Garamond is a type of cheese, right? It certainly sounds like one. If so, I certainly would like a slice, too! ASAP, Double Fine!! >:(

Garamond is a type of cheese, right? It certainly sounds like one. If so, I certainly would like a slice, too! ASAP, Double Fine!! >:(

I'm pretty sure it's a kind of fish.

I'd like mine battered and deep fried please.

I like the more modern takes in Garamond style than true Garamond, such as Minion, Marat and Deponia.

garamond.png

Oh, Christopher. Your post says no, but your typeface says yes. Look into your heart; you know it to be true.

garamond.png

Oh, Christopher. Your post says no, but your typeface says yes. Look into your heart; you know it to be true.

I don't see what this has to do with an article of clothing.

garamond.png

Man, garamond sure has the ugliest "o"'s :-/

Only in italics!

KYJK3cO.png

Ahhhhh.

I don't know. I think it gets funnier for every thread.

EDIT: the youtube code seems to not work. Crud.

I know this is a joke thread... but I've played some games with terrible font choices and have been able to muck about with the files and replace the font with one more to my liking... don't really want to do that with this game because of Steam Anti-Cheat but if you really want Garamond you could wait for the DRM free version to drop and then hack it in.

Sign in to follow this