• Announcements

• Spaff

These Forums are closing!   10/04/2019

After more than a decade of serving this community well, these forums have finally run their course and it's time to close them down. That doesn't mean we want to close the doors on our community, quite the opposite!
      Our discord server grows ever busier by the day, and we encourage all Double Fine fans to meet us over there www.discord.gg/doublefine In a short time these forums will become a read only archive and will remain that way until they become needed again.
      You never know, it might happen.  There is... a prophecy. Thank you all for being part of these forums, and remember that the fun is definitely not over - so please join us on Discord! Love ya, Spaff, Tim, Info Cow, and all of Double Fine.
Sign in to follow this  
kringel

Was Peter Chan as background artist involved or not?

Peter Chan appears in some episodes of the documentary. In the middle (I don't know the part right now) there is even a longer scene featuring his work.

I was missing him in the credits though after finishing Act I.

Any news on that?

Update: Yes. :)

Watching the credits again, Peter Chan appears in the "Additional Art" section.

Peter Chan worked as a concept artist, rather than on final game assets--that's the same scope of role he has on other DF projects, as well as other non-DF stuff he does these days!

Peter Chan worked as a concept artist, rather than on final game assets--that's the same scope of role he has on other DF projects, as well as other non-DF stuff he does these days!

I thought he did some layouts as well? for vellas house and stuff

The original drawing of Vella's living room is Peter's. Even though Bagel and other artists have revised it through painting iterations, you can still see Peter's style in things like the Mog Chothra lantern.

Peter's Biggest contribution was the idea of Meriloft. He came up with the idea of clouds with bird nests in them and twig paths you had to stick to.

thanks for the explanation tim!

I dont know why I associate "additional" something to mean that it was cut or ignored or too old. maybe something I read about the dig and brian moriarty...hmm. well

yeah I remember that from the art jam bit. can I ask about the twig paths by the way? was it like that at one point and people (ron) thought it was annoying? cause there are some stick paths drawn in (including one leading to the hole where you need to fall on gus...which is a little confusing) but I dont remember having to follow them per se. was that just incorporated into the design of merilofts structure within the clouds?

Sign in to follow this