Sign in to follow this  
Delicieuxz

Where is my backer key or game???????????????????????

+ question mark

the current-bottom post of mine details the full current situation, which appears to me to require that I be sent a new humble bundle email from Double Fine to activate a copy. Please let me know if there is another way.

I’ve been preoccupied and am just coming back to this issue. I then seem to not have the humble bundle email for this link, and the situation is the same, regardless. I recall adding it, but it’s not there now.

I’ve tried resending the humble links using the aforesupplied link my HoboNinja (thanks!), but the email received only contains links for overgrowth and low light combat, and not Broken Age, or any of the mounds of other games which I’ve purchased through humble bundle.

How can this be retrieved, if not already added to Steam, and not holding the humble bundle email?

I’ve bought tons of games through humble bundle, but apparently I didn’t before have a humble bundle account, and just made one using my email that I funded Broken Age though. My humble bundle library doesn’t list any games yet owned, after just making the account.

So I'm still needing another way to retrieve my copy of the game, and for Steam.

update #2: Found this bit of information on HB's website, and beneath is my response to them.

"Why did my game disappear from my Steam library?

"We recently deactivated several thousand orders that were found to be purchased fraudulently from Humble Bundle. Any games that had been redeemed on Steam that came from one of these fraudulent orders have been revoked and will disappear from the user's Steam library."

My issue is described in full, here on the Double Fine forums.

http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/12964/

It appears that you deactivated my legitimate Kickstarter-funded copy of Broken Age, and I've been confused about what is going on ever since it disappeared, hours after installing it. Please be more prudent with your actions in the future, and don't take liberties which you have no place or authority to be taking - such as wiping out legitimate licenses of games that are not your property to be touching - and I did not provide you the necessary permission to touch my owned game-licenses in any way, nor did I experience being delivered a required request for permission of a hand-over and arbitrary disintegration of my personal and laws-protected property.

Laziness and a want to protect your own property does not excuse you from stealing property that is mine - it just makes you a hypocrite - and your own concerns, regarding property protection, de-legitimatized, as you are now guilty of exactly what you claim to be trying to prevent: Property-theft. I really don't care if it was accidental, the lack of thorough insight, and willingness to not proceed until its known-resolution, was not accidental, it was presumptuous of a non-existent nod-of-approval from myself.

Had I been solicited to resolve a business' internal-complication, I would have required compensation for my efforts, which may have prevented a greater amount of cumulative value-loss from legitimate customers, who aren't the ones responsible, than what humble bundle would otherwise experience.

Compensation for the wasted time and stress, and loss of use-of-property that this confusion has caused is expected, and I really don't care what it is, but I care that it's acknowledged that the lost value and enjoyment + incurred trouble cannot possibly be claimed as being my own to bear, but humble bundle's, which I have patiently been holding on-to, and unwarrantedly working out its details-of-resolution, only until HB rightfully takes their own mess off of my hands.

I got the email with the key, I'm sure I added the game to Steam, and I'm even sure that I immediately downloaded it - but a day or two after starting the download, the game wasn't there in my games list. Because I'd added the Banner Saga key and started downloading it at the same time, I figured I'd just been mistaken and that Broken Age hadn't been yet released for backers. That was maybe around the 12th of Jan, I'm unsure. Anyway, the game is definitely out now, and it's still not in my Steam games list, and now I'm very certain that I did add it, and did download it, but it just disappeared sometime between me starting the download and when I looked for it a couple of days later.

Is there a link I can use to attempt to re-add my game key to Steam? I no longer have the email that contained the key. If that fails, then I'll blow some steam up Steam's ass to get it restored, but this isn't cool.

Yes, sounds like I might - unless the removal from the list also negated the key activation, so I'd like to try re-activating it again.

I've been preoccupied and am just coming back to this issue. I then seem to not have the humble bundle email for this link, and the situation is the same, regardless. I recall adding it, but it's not there now.

I've tried resending the humble links using the aforesupplied link my HoboNinja (thanks), but the email received only contains links for overgrowth and low light combat, and not Broken Age, or any of the mounds of other games which I've purchased through humble bundle.

How can this be retrieved, if not already added to Steam, and not holding the humble bundle email?

I've bought tons of games through humble bundle, but apparently I didn't before have a humble bundle account, and just made one using my email that I funded Broken Age though. My humble bundle library doesn't list any games yet owned, after just making the account.

It would not be reasonable to require the keeping of an email that wasn't sent using Kickstarter's built-in system, which incorporates automatic update history tracking, in order to actually receive a personal-owned copy. But here it seems that I need Double Fine to re-send an email with the same, or another link to activate the game in order to retrieve my copy.

Is there another way to do this?

I have the email which says the following, but I have no kept follow-up email to this one.

Well folks, tomorrow is the day. Within 24 short hours, Act 1 of Broken Age will be in your sweet sweet hands. It’s been a complete honor to get to make this game in this way. In true game development fashion, it’s been a long and difficult process, but your relentless faith and enthusiasm has made every moment a real pleasure.

All of us at Double Fine know it’s only because of you that this game exists, and we cannot wait to hand it over.

So tomorrow, you’ll receive a Humble Bundle link to a page that will contain your PC/Mac/Linux Steam code and, if you backed at the appropriate level, the soundtrack download. As additional digital backer rewards are released—including the DRM-free build, HD documentary downloads, documentary soundtrack, and digital art book—those will be added to your Humble page, if they were included in your backer tier. Documentary downloads will arrive around the Act 1 release date, with spoiler blurs removed.

Sign in to follow this