Double Fine Action Forums

So, i've been playing a lot of this game in the past two weeks (123 hours to be exact) and i absolutely love it. The mix of hardcore survival and building/crafting is amazing. The constant tension from the risk of your house being blown open by a group of bandits is also quite enjoyable, and something i havent been able to find in a multiplayer game until now. In my opinion it takes the basic formula dayZ provided, and makes it better (it is, infact, outselling dayZ standalone as of right now).

So, thats my short opinion. Has anyone else purchased this? How do you feel about it?

If you have purchased it, add me on steam so we can play together!

My friends and I got into this when it was in free alpha about half a year ago, very tense and even in that early state it was very engrossing. The base building really makes it. I remember because there were about four of us who played we had the strength to keep control of a large house, even if it attracted a lot of bandits, which it did. We settled on the coast and were almost constantly raided and also had moments of weird deployment negotiations between people who wanted to near us. My friend actually recorded a bit of it here:

The only bad part of it was how bad the hacking got, to make it worse a lot of worst ones were regulars on the forums who were just so f*cking cocky about it, they weren't banned.

Anyway we lost it when we went away for a while and got locked out of the free beta, ages later it appeared on Steam.

I really want to buy it, and have been waiting for it to go on sale so I can preferably get all my friends to come back on it so we can band together, anyway I'm either going to wait for it to be on sale or I might just end up buying it regardless. It really is an awesome game and the direction it's going in excites me more than DayZ.

Oh yeah, not really related to that, but one of the funny things I remember that was present as a result of the free alpha just being one big 300p server rather than seperate servers, was this weird Polish rivalry.

Basically Rust at the time had a sizable Polish community of players, IIRC it was the result of a notable Polish letsplayer covering the game, most did not speak English. Most of the players being from FacePunch Forums... rather Elitist... immediately did not get along with these players and it was posted about a lot, how they'd make an effort to communicate or ask if someone was friendly, and then just get a response in another language. Communication problems automatically lead to a rift and I'm pretty sure a lot of people were basically KOSd for speaking Polish in the chat.

It got to the point, where there were posts on the forums calling for all Polish players to band together into a single clan and resist.

My friends and I got into this when it was in free alpha about half a year ago, very tense and even in that early state it was very engrossing. The base building really makes it. I remember because there were about four of us who played we had the strength to keep control of a large house, even if it attracted a lot of bandits, which it did. We settled on the coast and were almost constantly raided and also had moments of weird deployment negotiations between people who wanted to near us. My friend actually recorded a bit of it here:

The only bad part of it was how bad the hacking got, to make it worse a lot of worst ones were regulars on the forums who were just so f*cking cocky about it, they weren't banned.

Anyway we lost it when we went away for a while and got locked out of the free beta, ages later it appeared on Steam.

I really want to buy it, and have been waiting for it to go on sale so I can preferably get all my friends to come back on it so we can band together, anyway I'm either going to wait for it to be on sale or I might just end up buying it regardless. It really is an awesome game and the direction it's going in excites me more than DayZ.

Yeah its those kinds of things like negotiations and such that make this game so interesting. The clan i'm a part of hosts a server, and we once had a clan settle near the small radiation town, then proceed to KOS anyone who came in the valley or town. It went even further than that, as they then walled off the entire town along with the attached valley! they claimed it to be theirs and theirs only. 3 groups eventually formed a temporary alliance to raid them and drive them out of the area. the clan still plays on our server, but they havent tried to take control of a sizeable area like that again.

If you do purchase it, send me a steam request and I can send you our server information if you'd like. If you bring a group then youll fit in perfect on our server, cause our server is full of tension between groups and such.

Sign in to follow this