Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
timdiggerm

What got cut/changed?

Unless there're already sidequests covering this (I admit, I haven't watched any sidequests), I'm hoping at some point we might learn more about what changed in the game as development progressed. Obviously spoiler policies have prevented the doc from exploring this, but until it does (if it does)...

- Was Vella ever going to visit the Meriloft hatchery?

- What was going to happen in between Meriloft and Shellmound, before the decision was made to reuse the lumberjack assets?

- What is the deal with the territorial snake? It looks like a whole area is missing.

- Was Shellmound ever more than a 2-location town?

- In episode 14, they talk about repainting Mog Chothra because he has a much bigger role than the first time they painted him. Was a different Mog going to show up at each town originally? That has some weird implications for Shay's story (either less connections, or a shapeshifting Mog I guess)

Those are just off the top of my head, and obviously Vella-centric (...because I just got around to finishing today, and had most of her story left). Your thoughts/additions?

There was a great line the Space Weaver had, about not being able to have friendship. They showed the recording session for this line, but I'm not able to reproduce it in the game. Was this also cut, or am I simply hallucinating?

There was a great line the Space Weaver had, about not being able to have friendship. They showed the recording session for this line, but I'm not able to reproduce it in the game. Was this also cut, or am I simply hallucinating?
It's in the game, it's a dialog when you try to trade something to the Space Weaver. I activated it myself, but I'm afraid I don't remember the exact item.

I'm willing to bet the talking tree was first to the left where the snake is. and that you couldnt get to shellmound from the forest. you would actually have to take the tram. I base this theory on when we saw a video where the lumberjack was controlled for testing and he went to a tree to the left (snake direction) and asked it some questions.

I remember the axe to mouth joke came from the video. and it would have made the game seem less linear too if you could go to two locations from meriloft, with the tram and all.

I think it's safest to assume that any areas which seemed superfluous or underused in Act 1 will feature again in Act 2. The snake trap, the maiden on the swing (I forget her name), and so-on. Everything will adjust to fit with the opposite character's journey.

I think it's safest to assume that any areas which seemed superfluous or underused in Act 1 will feature again in Act 2. The snake trap, the maiden on the swing (I forget her name), and so-on. Everything will adjust to fit with the opposite character's journey.

That's a very good point. Shay may have a way to get past the snake, etc. Meanwhile, Vella will be in some familiar (although almost certainly changed environments as well as, potentially, some new ones.

Sign in to follow this