Sign in to follow this  
Bidiot Bales

"An excellent thread."

*sigh*...

C'mon Chyron. Guy has twelve posts and all of them are in this thread in off topic saying evolution couldn't have happened because there was a dinosauroid statue once that looked silly. I dunno about you, but that just screams "troll" to me. I fell for it at first, too.

I wasn't talking about him, though. :\

I'm avoiding this thread because talking about "god" on the internet always ends with me banging my head against a wall and clawing at my eyes.

But to keep things short:

I side with atheism.

Now I'm going to leave this thread before I accidentally read any of it and burn out my eyes.

I've been doing a little research and I came upon something unsettling to say the least.

I compared Spielberg and Lovecraft earlier. I said that unbeknownst to them, they are more than likely, the mouth pieces of devils. Now Sam Neil starred in two films in 1993. The one everyone knows, without doubt, is Spielberg's Jurassic Park. The lesser known is John Carpenter's In the Mouth of Madness. Not unrelated, Sam Neil's big break in film came to him in the lead role of The Omen III in which he played the antichrist.

In the Mouth of Madness is a Lovecraftian horror film. In the film Sam Neil's character is tasked, by novelist Sutter Cane, with delivering his final manuscript, In the Mouth of Madness, to his publisher. Once published, the novel will unleash Lovecraftian monsters from their realm, who will destroy the human race, ushering in their rule and the apocalypse.

Now, strangely enough if you get creative, Jurassic Park tells the exact same story:

In Jurassic Park, Sam Neil's character is tasked, by novelist Michael Crichton, with delivering a film adaptation of his novel, Jurassic Park, to its publisher Universal Studios. Once distributed to theaters, the film will unleash Spielbergian monsters from their fenced enclosures, who will destroy the human race, ushering in their rule and the apocalypse.

When-dinosaurs-ruled-the-earth-Jurassic-Park.jpg

In the Mouth of Madness ends with Neil's character insane. He goes to an empty theater to see the film adaptation of In the Mouth of Madness. The film is made up of previous clips from the film itself. His reaction is to descend further into madness. The first image he sees on the theater screen is this one:

330836-vlcsnap_2010_09_27_11h13m18s94_super.png

Which is unusually similar to one of the most popular images from Jurassic Park:

jurassic+park+raptor.jpg

There is more significance than the simple similarity between the two images. The creature in the latter image is the Velociraptor. In Jurassic Park, Neil's Character Dr. Grant is obsessed with raptors and carries on his person a raptor claw, so there is a connection of meaning as well as similarity. The raptor claw represents some evil influence in Dr. Grant's life because halfway through the film, after he has appeared to have resolved his issue with children, he dramatically throws the claw from the top of a high tree. A signification that the claw, in part, represented something of his ill will toward children.

If that weren't bizarre enough Jurassic Park also has a scene with a main character watching himself on a theater screen:

jpark107.jpg

Sam Neil also happens to be among the theatergoers:

PDVD_013.BMP

Here's the whole In the Mouth of Madness clip:

8_HPFoelMQc

Now I'd like to return to a previous thought for a moment:

"St. Cyril also, writing to St. Augustine, says that one of the three men who were raised from the dead told him: “As the hour of my departure drew nigh, a multitude of devils, countless in number, came and stood about me. Their forms were more horrible than anything imagination can conceive. One would rather be burnt in the fire than be compelled to look upon them. These demons ranged themselves around me, and reproached me with all the misdeeds I had ever done, thinking to drive me to despair. And in fact I should have given way before them, had not God in His mercy come to my succour."

Compare that to Gaiman's thoughts on the appearence of Lovecraft's creatures:

1WJ6qPjmC3I

I end with the Cthulhu inspired Davy Jones of the Pirates of the Caribbean films who has a serious hatred for Roman Catholic Rosaries in this particular scene from Dead Man's Chest:

zo-OYwh6KHA

Glories of Mary by St. Alphonsus Liguori (18th century): "A young man in Perugia once promised the devil that if he would help him to commit a sinful act which he desired to do, he would give him his soul; and he gave him a writing to that effect, signed with his blood. The evil deed was committed, and the devil demanded the performance of the promise. He led the young man to a well, and threatened to take him body and soul to hell if he would not cast himself into it. The wretched youth, thinking that it would be impossible for him to escape from his enemy, climbed the well-side in order to cast himself into it, but terrified at the thought of death, he said to the devil that he had not the courage to throw himself in, and that, if he wished to see him dead, he himself should thrust him in. The young man wore about his neck the scapular of the sorrowing Mary; and the devil said to him: Take off that scapular, and I will thrust you in.” But the youth, seeing the protection which the divine mother still gave him through that scapular, refused to take it off, and after a great deal of altercation, the devil departed in confusion. The sinner repented, and grateful to his sorrowful mother, went to thank her, and presented a picture of this case, as an offering, at her altar in the new church of Santa Maria, in Perugia."

I know I've used this already in this thread, but:

mal-speechless.gif

Citizen-Kane.gif

This is the most involved troll I've ever seen. Bravo. Way more effort than I would have put into it, but bravo.

(also, Citizen Kane was totally a devil.)

Citizen-Kane.gif

This is the most involved troll I've ever seen. Bravo. Way more effort than I would have put into it, but bravo.

(also, Citizen Kane was totally a devil.)

You know the scene in Citizen Kane from which your little animation comes is one in which Kane impotently tries to persuade a theater that his girlfriend is a brilliant performer. The rest of the theatergoers understand fully well that she is not and so Kane's act is one of self-delusion and uselessness. Notice the tepid applause from the man on his left.

In other words, in this case, I commend you on your fitting choice of gif.

Imagine the madness that I should try to put forth a well thought out idea in a thread designed to gleefully throw insult after insult upon God Himself without consequence in an effort to perhaps have someone reconsider the path they find themselves dragged down.

Guys, I've done a little research of my own. I have found that Kishijugo is a humorless knob end who thinks being a Christian means waving his dick around in front of others to show how righteous it is. I'd give a bunch of ignorantly smart ass pictures to help make this confused point, but I think we have quite enough of those, thank you.

I will however, post some music from Kishijugo's new album.

7uu-TtAKpCw

Guys, I've done a little research of my own. I have found that Kishijugo is a humorless knob end who thinks being a Christian means waving his dick around in front of others to show how righteous it is.

Haha. I didn't do anything like that. You got nothing honest to say so you trash me unmerciful for stepping on your hallowed pop culture grounds.

Guys, I've done a little research of my own. I have found that Kishijugo is a humorless knob end who thinks being a Christian means waving his dick around in front of others to show how righteous it is.

Haha. I didn't do anything like that. You got nothing honest to say so you trash me unmerciful for stepping on your hallowed pop culture grounds.

Hallowed? They have been parodied and dissected a million times over by now.

You know the scene in Citizen Kane from which your little animation comes is one in which Kane impotently tries to persuade a theater that his girlfriend is a brilliant performer. The rest of the theatergoers understand fully well that she is not and so Kane's act is one of self-delusion and uselessness. Notice the tepid applause from the man on his left.

Alright, alright. I admit.

Your performance was only half-assed at best. I've seen better trolling attempts from twelve year olds.

I mean... OUCH! Right in the pop culture!

angel-strikes-buffy.gif

I wonder if he realizes that this thread was started by a Christian wondering about Biblical continuity errors. Which, by the way, totally exist as they would in any text that's been translated and re edited by mortal hands so many times. Read that as mortals, not God. I went to a Christian school my whole life and my teacher was a theology major who taught us this stuff all the time. I guess he had enough faith to realize that when the word of God gets passed down to man, man can make mistakes with it. Strange that you seem so dogmatic yet this thread wounds your faith so. Do you really think people making smart ass comments in an video game forum is hurting God? Do you really think making terrible and ignorant retorts is helping Him?

Do I really need to go get my Bible and type up the section about the genocide and enslavement of the native peoples of Israel at God's behest?

Imagine the madness that I should try to put forth a well thought out idea in a thread designed to gleefully throw insult after insult upon God Himself without consequence in an effort to perhaps have someone reconsider the path they find themselves dragged down.

Well thought-out idea?

56158-Doctor-Who-10-laughing-gif-d1CI.gif

You came in and started saying evolution was false because this statue you saw once in a museum looked ridiculous and then went on a tirade about how everything is the devil. The day that becomes a well thought-out idea, I will buy myself a hat, throw it on the ground and then stomp on it in a instant of pure undiluted rage.

Basically, if you want people to take you seriously, stop talking like a crazy person.

Alright, alright. I admit.

Your performance was only half-assed at best. I've seen better trolling attempts from twelve year olds.

I mean... OUCH! Right in the pop culture!

angel-strikes-buffy.gif

Let's be honest, you got pwned. By someone who believes in fairies.

Again, I say it is the likes of you who are the trolls.

I can understand that you think him self-righteous, and I've already pointed out how the Bible itself says that his arguing with you is pointless (whether or not he's correct in the arguments he makes).

But I don't understand what is to be gained by you guys making incendiary posts. Of course, I know /why/ you are, but again pointing it out to you will not accomplish anything.

I don't know why you all are angry at God, but I'm asking you all to PLEASE stop trolling in here. And if it is Kishi who is the one that is trolling you, then please stop /feeding/ the trolls.

A single hit does not a pwn make.

Though, given this response I suppose I was totally wrong about him being a troll, which leaves me with:

I-dont-want-to-live-on-this-planet-anymore.jpg

Again, I say it is the likes of you who are the trolls.

I can understand that you think him self-righteous, and I've already pointed out how the Bible itself says that his arguing with you is pointless.

But I don't understand what is to be gained by you guys making incendiary posts. Of course, I know /why/ you are, but again pointing it out to you will not accomplish anything.

I don't know why you all are angry at God, but I'm asking you all to PLEASE stop trolling in here. And if it is Kishi who is the one that is trolling you, then please stop /feeding/ the trolls.

Oh, I'm not angry at your God. Gods are merely the personifications of their worshiper's desires and morality, so it's more accurate that I'm sad that people would rather create a truly monstrous tyrant to follow than come to terms with the random shittyness of the universe, such as the the inevitability of death, the lack of certainty in the future, that misfortune is not part of a grand evil conspiracy, and that sometimes we are simply helpless in the face of disaster because of bad luck.

Whereas you find so much misery in your own life that you're compelled to troll those who desire more meaning to life and are searching for more fulfillment than their daily grind.

Whereas you find so much misery in your own life that you're compelled to troll those who desire more meaning to life and are searching for more fulfillment than their daily grind.

Haha~ Nope!

I am an existentialist! While there is misery in life, there is also happiness and beauty.

There's viceral joy we feel through our senses- a warm day, a delicious cake, a field of flowers, a soft bed, a well-arranged room, a friend's voice...

And the more complex, more satisfying joys- A conversation with friends, the touch of a lover, the satisfaction of hard work, the rush of discovery and exploration, the alleviation of others' suffering...

Even if there is nothing after death, we live on- through the memories of friends and family, through our decedents, through our works, and through the recycling of the very substances of our body into the world. Thus, I believe that, as organic organisms, we should be working on leaving a better world for those who come after us, not selfishly seeking a perfect eternity for ourselves.

To be perfectly fair, at first I thought he just didn't understand evolution, so I put effort into that first post. After that, I just thought he was a troll, so I started hunting through my gif archive for appropriate reactions. Now it seems like he isn't and I'm not sure how I feel, but it still seems really weird to me to go into a gaming forum and post one's first post in a random religious thread that's been buried for weeks.

I was going to answer with a long response to why I am no longer religious, but that got personal and depressing, so I'll just leave it at I can't accept things that can't be tested. And the reason for that is I think waaaaaaay too much.

Also, the zeroth level of Hell sounded really great. I'd honestly rather chill with Socrates and Moses for eternity than anything else and you can't do that unless you're a virtuous non-believer. XP

I made a mistake. In the Mouth of Madness was released in 1995.

Here's another angle on Jurassic Park that's easier to swallow although I do stand by the previous one. I wrote this a while ago so I'm just going to quote myself. I did add a couple of new lines but I'll put those in brackets:

Spielberg is known to love Disney films and he even wanted to include When You Wish Upon a Star in Close Encounters. He made a Peter Pan film called Hook one or two years prior to making Jurassic Park. His more recent A.I. film is essentially Pinocchio.

In the first Jurassic Park film Sam Neil's character Dr. Grant spends a good portion of the movie wielding a hook shaped raptor claw in his hand ala Pan's Captain Hook, and even threatens to neuter a small child with it for questioning the truth of his scientific theories. You could argue that he's supposed to be the hero of the film but if you did that you would be wrong because although that seems to be the intention, he's really boring and slightly sinister the whole way through. He doesn't even kill a dragon or a dinosaur. Some hero. In fact, he's a filthy dragon lover. Richard Attenborough's character John Hammond is a playful and mischievous character like Pan who carries with him a cane with a Tinkerbell fairy magic mosquito encased inside. He flies...in his helicopter. He flies to and owns a Never Never Land type secret magical island to which he also brings his lost grandchildren.

If that weren't enough in the third film in the series there is a crocodile looking dinosaur, Spinosaurus, that eats a phone and Sam Neil's Captain Hook is made aware of its approach when the phone rings in its stomach; just as in Peter Pan, Captain Hook is forewarned of Tick Tock the Crocodile's arrival by a ticking clock in its stomach.

Also there was a goat and Pan was a Roman goat devil god who played a pan flute (and led unsuspecting victims into the woods to abuse them) and Peter Pan is an English literary stand-in for that same Roman Pan who plays a pan flute. (The goat in Jurassic Park stands on the border of the order of the first half of the visit to Jurassic Park and the chaos of the second half. It can also be seen simply as a sacrifical victim for the satanic Tyrant King Lizard. Tyrant King Lizard being the english translation of Tyrannosaurus Rex)

Let me finish by pointing out that Samuel L Jackson's character discovers that Jurassic Park was undone by an Alice in Wonderland character. "White Rabbit Object. Whatever it did, it did it all. But with the key-checks off, the computer didn't file the keystrokes." The white rabbit serves the same purpose in Alice in Wonderland as Peter Pan does in his story. Both characters lead others into fantasy worlds just as Hammond leads others into Jurassic Park. Guess who's dressed all in white the entire film.

John-Hammond.jpg

Excerpt from Hell by by Rev. Father Francois Xavier Schouppe, S.J:

It was juridically proved in the process of canonization of St. Francis of Jerome, and under oath attested by a large number of eye-witnesses. In the year 1707, St. Francis of Jerome was preaching, as was his wont, in the neighborhood of the city of Naples. He was speaking of hell and the awful chastisements that await obstinate sinners. A brazen courtesan who lived there, troubled by a discourse which aroused her remorse, sought to hinder it by jests and shouts, accompanied by noisy instruments. As she was standing close to the window, the Saint cried out: "Beware, my daughter, of resisting grace; before eight days God will punish you." The unhappy creature grew only more boisterous. Eight days elapsed, and the holy preacher happened to be again before the same house. This time she was silent, the windows were shut. The hearers, with dismay on their faces, told the Saint that Catherine -- that was the name of the bad woman -- had a few hours before died suddenly. "Died!" he repeated, "well, let her tell us now what she has gained by laughing at hell. Let us ask her." He uttered these words in an inspired tone, and every one expected a miracle. Followed by an immense crowd, he went up to the death chamber, and there, after having prayed for an instant, he uncovers the face of the corpse, and says in a loud voice, "Catherine, tell us where art thou now." At this summons, the dead woman lifts her head, while opening her wild eyes, her face borrows color, her features assume an expression of horrible despair, and in a mournful voice, she pronounces these words: "In hell; I am in hell." And immediately, she falls back again into the condition of a corpse.

"I was present at that event," says one of the witnesses who deposed before the Apostolic tribunal, "but I never could convey the impression it produced on me and the bystanders, nor that which I still feel every time I pass that house and look at that window. At the sight of that ill-fated abode, I still hear the pitiful cry resounding: "In hell; I am in hell." (Father Bach, Life of St. Francis of Jerome.)

angel_binding_satan-400.jpg

To be perfectly fair, at first I thought he just didn't understand evolution, so I put effort into that first post. After that, I just thought he was a troll, so I started hunting through my gif archive for appropriate reactions. Now it seems like he isn't and I'm not sure how I feel, but it still seems really weird to me to go into a gaming forum and post one's first post in a random religious thread that's been buried for weeks.

I was going to answer with a long response to why I am no longer religious, but that got personal and depressing, so I'll just leave it at I can't accept things that can't be tested. And the reason for that is I think waaaaaaay too much.

Also, the zeroth level of Hell sounded really great. I'd honestly rather chill with Socrates and Moses for eternity than anything else and you can't do that unless you're a virtuous non-believer. XP

I was going to quote Socrates earlier. Or Plato quoting Socrates I suppose:

After this I went to one man after another, being not unconscious of the enmity which I provoked, and I lamented and feared this: but necessity was laid upon me - the word of God, I thought, ought to be considered first. And I said to myself, Go I must to all who appear to know, and find out the meaning of the oracle. And I swear to you, Athenians, by the dog I swear! - for I must tell you the truth - the result of my mission was just this: I found that the men most in repute were all but the most foolish; and that some inferior men were really wiser and better. I will tell you the tale of my wanderings and of the "Herculean" labors, as I may call them, which I endured only to find at last the oracle irrefutable. When I left the politicians, I went to the poets; tragic, dithyrambic, and all sorts. And there, I said to myself, you will be detected; now you will find out that you are more ignorant than they are. Accordingly, I took them some of the most elaborate passages in their own writings, and asked what was the meaning of them - thinking that they would teach me something. Will you believe me? I am almost ashamed to speak of this, but still I must say that there is hardly a person present who would not have talked better about their poetry than they did themselves. That showed me in an instant that not by wisdom do poets write poetry, but by a sort of genius and inspiration; they are like diviners or soothsayers who also say many fine things, but do not understand the meaning of them. And the poets appeared to me to be much in the same case; and I further observed that upon the strength of their poetry they believed themselves to be the wisest of men in other things in which they were not wise. So I departed, conceiving myself to be superior to them for the same reason that I was superior to the politicians.

I was going to quote this passage in reference to artists not understanding the meaning of the works they create.

I'm in a games forum because I like games but also doublefine is sort of a mystical company composed of artists and poets that also make videogames. I like art and poetry too.

Pssst: Aristotle was pro-reason, anti-religion/rhetoric/unwashed masses....

I...

You know, I think I'm finally done here. I had many responses to the above, but then I realized that I'd rather smash out my brains with a gold brick wrapped in a lemon peel rather than get into that again, so I'm bowing out. Congratulations, you've won. Now, please leave and if I see you ever again, it will be seven hundred billion years too soon.

Also, I think I now know why alcoholics exist.

Hey, guys! What's going on in this thread?

Oh.

tumblr_mdpo1zuimK1rtwd1fo1_500.gif