Sign in to follow this  
inm8num2

Farewell and good luck, Chris and Jane!

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/02/07/chris-remo-leaves-double-fine-to-join-startup-dev-campo-santo/

The Cave co-writer Chris Remo is no longer working at Double Fine, having teamed up with Idle Thumbs co-stars and Walking Dead designers Jake Rodkin and Sean Vanaman at the recently formed Campo Santo studio. Remo was formerly editor-in-chief at Gamasutra and a community manager at BioShock studio Irrational Games before he joined Double Fine in 2012, where he also prototyped the upcoming Spacebase DF-9. He also recently served as a freelance composer on Joystiq Top 10 of 2013 entry Gone Home.

Remo joins the growing line-up of talented developers at Campo Santo, including Mark of the Ninja lead Nels Anderson and industry artist Olly Moss. Campo's first game is in the works with the backing and collaborative efforts of Portland-based app Dev Panic. Inc.

Apologies if already posted - didn't see a dedicated thread (saw a post within another thread). But anyway, thanks for all your work (especially with the Broken Age updates). Best wishes!

EDIT - I'm sorry to hear Jane is leaving, too, but best wishes to her as well! Updated the thread title.

Wow, he was chief at Gamasutra?? I didn't know that.

Anyway, best of luck Chris! To me you'll always be the guy who played devil's advocate in that early DFA documentary episode. :) Sorry!

We'll really miss Chris during the day, but can still see him at night and on weekends! :D

Anyways - best wishes for awesomely awesome times at Campo Santo, Chris!

Sorry to hear he's leaving. I'm amazed by his many talents and we sort of had this running joke (that never really took off) in Off Topic about his multitasking skills.

I wish him good luck though, and I'm excited to see what they're cooking up at Campo Santo with all those talented people in one place.

I was quite shocked when I heard this, but given the clarification here I can well understand him wanting to try something new! Looks like we'll all have another studio to look out for, that sounds like one talented bunch of people!

Aw I'll miss Chris' presence on the forums. I thought he was really funny in the Massive Chalice game night videos. Good luck with your future endeavors Chris!

Farewell, Chris and Jane! We'll really miss you here at DFAF-- hope you come back and visit some times!

Just read this about this over at Eurogamer, sorry to see Chris go but I wish him all the best for his new role. Plus thumbs up if this means we get more music from Chris, I loved what he did for AF2012 and Going Home.

Btw, Jane left too? I missed that.

games video games video games video games video games video games video games video games video games video games video games video games video games video games video games video games video

VIDEO GAMESSSSSSSS

Loved his work on the SpaceBase soundtrack, still one of my favorites of the doublefine OSTs...

And seeing him on the various streams and videos just felt right, I'll certainly notice his absense!

Rock the house over there at Campo Santo, but I'm sure I don't have to tell you that.

You'll do that all by yourself! :D

But yeah, the CS devs are definitely a bunch of people to keep an eye on,

I'm certainly very curious what they will bring into existence! :D

Farewell, Chris and Jane! We'll really miss you here at DFAF-- hope you come back and visit some times!

I'm never far! Nothing will stop me being a fellow DF fan. :D

In fact I'm at the Double Fine unofficial ski trip right now, keeping up the shenanigans!

Just means we have another game company to keep an eye on... I think it's clear we can expect great things from you, Campo Santos. After all, Chris and Jane did great things at DF. Terrible! Yes. But great!

I'm never far! Nothing will stop me being a fellow DF fan. :D

In fact I'm at the Double Fine unofficial ski trip right now, keeping up the shenanigans!

Jaaaaaaaaane! <3

I just found out about your departure yesterday and was so sad that we wouldn't get to hang out with you during Amnesia Fortnight this year. I'm glad to see you're still stalking the forum. Come visit sometimes! You are/will be missed!

Just found out today. Best of luck on all your future endeavors, and know I'll be looking forwards to seeing future releases at Campo Santos!

Also (shameless plug), if you ever need an intern at Campo Santos, give me a shout! I'd be more than willing to drop everything and move to San Francisco in order to help out in what ever way I can. =D

Hey thanks folks! Much appreciated. I will miss everyone at DF, and its amazing community, a whole lot. Jane and I will surely carry on some of the DF spirit at Campo.

Updated the thread title to reflect both departures - best wishes to you as well, Jane!

Sad to hear the news, but then it looks like both Chris and Jane are both moving onto good things! Best of wishes to you both!

Why you leave, Jane? You were my favorite non Tim or Brad DF person. Chris was cool too. Why they leave us to cry?

Campo Santo's first game has been revealed. :) It is called Firewatch. They've only been working on it since January, so there's not much revealed yet. All that is known is it's a single player first person mystery game set in the Wyoming wilderness, where your only emotional lifeline is the person on the other end of a handheld radio. There is no release date set yet, but Campo Santo announced that it will be released on Windows, OS X, and Linux.

Oh, and you have to love their FAQ. :)

What is your studio's spirit animal?

Red panda, or Red Cat-Bear, if you prefer that name.

Did environment artist Jane Ng both ask and answer that last question?

Yes; it’s a question she considers frequently.