Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
xMagnumMGx

Amnesia Fannight

Dear Sexy Double Fine,

I'm a big supporter of the amnesia fortnight concept and everything it represents. I love the fact that fans can have a say on what they would like to see created and possibly play. I have already voted on a few from this years list and I'm looking forward to what comes about from last years prototypes, Black Lake all the way for me. It is really hard to see any other gaming company coming close to level of dedication for its fans quite like Double Fine. Since the company is so closely involved with the community I thought that Double fine in the near future should host a Amnesia Fannight. A contest for fans to have a time frame to pitch an idea or game concept, and present in any form available to them and have the fine people of Double Fine to choose the top 10 or 15 to go into fan voting to choose what games have a chance to make it into production. I know what I may be asking it a lot but I feel like Double Fine can do something no other company can do and that is putting the creativity in the hands of fans. Keep up the damn fine work fellas.

MG

Last I heard, there were a bunch of legal reasons why they can't use game ideas submitted by fans.

Last I heard, there were a bunch of legal reasons why they can't use game ideas submitted by fans.

Awhh too bad =C I know there's several game ideas that I'd love to hear feedback on, even if they never get made until years later when I'm finished university and got the programming and game design skills needed to properly work on actually making some of them.

While we might not be able to use full game ideas from fans, we definitely value feedback and new ideas about our pitches and games in development, so keep those coming!

Ideas from the forum have found their way into Broken Age and MASSIVE CHALICE at least, and with our AF pitches being in the super early phase, new viewpoints are awesome!

The ice cream avalanche area too I think.

That's very different from pitching whole game ideas though.

Sign in to follow this