Sign in to follow this  
oughtobe

AF14 2PP Daily Videos?

Came here to see if anyone else was getting the problem :P it's at 15:30 for me.

Glad it isn't just me though :P

Came here to see if anyone else was getting the problem :P it's at 15:30 for me.

Glad it isn't just me though :P

I've had no problems with the videos. Try clearing your cache. Also, what player are you using? Flash or HTML5?

I've tried clearing my cache and logging out of YouTube, and I've tried watching from Chrome on Windows 7, and and Chrome, Firefox and Safari on OS X. Nothing seems to get me past 20 minutes.

Like many of you, episode 7 won't play past 19:48, in Chrome.

The video plays fine in Firefox.

Here's what I tried in Chrome:

-Changed Youtube from HTML5 to Flash, and back, several times.

-Cleared my cookies for Youtube.

-Cleared my cache for the page by reloading with Shift+F5.

-Disabling Magic Actions.

None of these things worked.

But Firefox works, for me at least. However, I literally just installed it to see if it would work.

So if firefox isn't working for you, maybe you have extensions or cookies or something that's interfering.

Does anyone know what's left if anything from 2PP for AF14? One more daily video? More than that?

Does anyone know what's left if anything from 2PP for AF14? One more daily video? More than that?

Two more videos, I think. At least one more, for sure.

Everything should be up by Friday, I assume.

Should be the Day 10 doc, which I hope we'll see today, and then a post-mortem episode in about a month.

Should be the Day 10 doc, which I hope we'll see today, and then a post-mortem episode in about a month.

Did they say it'd be in about a month? Watching the stream they said there would be one, but I didn't hear a specification. I dunno if my short attention span could survive that wait.

I think today the Day 10 episode will come out, tomorrow the "Play the prototypes" episode, and sometime in the future there will be post-mortem videos. DF12 had one for each prototype, I think they were recorded after the holidays then; not sure what the plan is for DF14.

Is there an 'ep11'/epilogue video of the playthroughs coming/somewhere?

What an excellent episode. Wonderful work, 2PP. Well done, and thanks for sharing.

BTW. Does anyone know what the music playing at the end of each episode is? I've tried to find find a source but with no luck. Could just be me being bad at looking, but I am really into the sound and want more.

Any help would be appreciated.

BTW. Does anyone know what the music playing at the end of each episode is? I've tried to find find a source but with no luck. Could just be me being bad at looking, but I am really into the sound and want more.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hm I think it's the same music as in 2012. I found this thread, which says that it was composed by DF's Paul O'Rourke: http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/8124/

Unfortunately it was not part of the AF2012 OST, but maybe we can get him to release it this time around.

Oh god I almost missed the steed "post credits" scene..! O_______o

My kids were asleep and it was damn hard not to just die laughing. Man that's quite an Easter Egg.

BTW. Does anyone know what the music playing at the end of each episode is?
It's the constellation music from Kinect Party by Paul O'Rourke.

... I'm super bummed that I fell asleep as the Play Day Live Stream went up :(.

(the live streams starts something like 11-11.30pm for me - I'm on the wrong continent).

I stumbled upon another Live Stream on Twitch by Greg and Amarisse when they had the playthrough of Bad Golf CE (btw - great work on that!!!), and after that nugget of gold, I had hoped that there might be a saved stream of Play Day, but alas...

... also, I really don't get Twitch.

What's up with the archived streams with material from the 2PP docs - but in several iterations, of wildly different length (http://www.twitch.tv/doublefine/profile/pastBroadcasts)? Is that an artifact of the rerun-system or something?

BTW. Does anyone know what the music playing at the end of each episode is?
It's the constellation music from Kinect Party by Paul O'Rourke.

Thank you. And where might one get a hold of the whole tune? In the music section I have found no OST for kinect party, nor have I found any clips on youtube. Any hope for an inclusion in the bundle?

... I'm super bummed that I fell asleep as the Play Day Live Stream went up :(.

(the live streams starts something like 11-11.30pm for me - I'm on the wrong continent).

I stumbled upon another Live Stream on Twitch by Greg and Amarisse when they had the playthrough of Bad Golf CE (btw - great work on that!!!), and after that nugget of gold, I had hoped that there might be a saved stream of Play Day, but alas...

... also, I really don't get Twitch.

What's up with the archived streams with material from the 2PP docs - but in several iterations, of wildly different length (http://www.twitch.tv/doublefine/profile/pastBroadcasts)? Is that an artifact of the rerun-system or something?

http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/13500/

Also their twitch stream runs all night replaying the documentaries. That's why there are like 8 hour videos of them archived

So, 2PP, a question: Will there be a docu episode of the playday and after-a-while windup with Tim and the team leads to discuss the process, what was learnt during it, mistakes made, experience from doing it etc?

Yes, I greatly appreciated and enjoyed the "and what did we learn?" video at the end with Tim last year. I'd hate to see those abandoned; they provide an excellent sense of closure.

Yes, I greatly appreciated and enjoyed the "and what did we learn?" video at the end with Tim last year. I'd hate to see those abandoned; they provide an excellent sense of closure.

Yeah I think it was the AF2012 Postmortem video, or something along those lines? I'm hoping they do one for 2014 too. I really miss seeing the AF2014 "show" every night, it was a great way to wind down the day seeing something more creative.

Hey all, don't worry. We definitely want to put out some playthrough / post-mortem material like we did for AF2012. They will come in time. For now, we're revisiting some of the AF episodes (general tightening up / adding more content where appropriate / color correcting /etc.) for the blu-ray release and resuming shooting and editing on the Broken Age Act II doc.

Hey all, don't worry. We definitely want to put out some playthrough / post-mortem material like we did for AF2012. They will come in time. For now, we're revisiting some of the AF episodes (general tightening up / adding more content where appropriate / color correcting /etc.) for the blu-ray release and resuming shooting and editing on the Broken Age Act II doc.

Right on, thanks for the update. :)

Sign in to follow this