Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
yakkityjakob

wallpaper

this pic is taken from a screenshot of the df website. you can probably see it in the background now. anyway, if you tile it on your desktop, it will remind you of df, but maybe you don't want to be reminded of it...

Neat, a tiled wallpaper that does not feel like a kick in the eyes! Now it's as if Double Fine engulfs everything. As if Double Fine expands across the infinite. As if I never leave Double Fine.

But I never leave Double Fine anyway.

And good job, Nice Cup (do you have any nicknames? @_@ ). I may use the número uno (the glow on the second feels a bit harsh to me).

Neat, a tiled wallpaper that does not feel like a kick in the eyes! Now it's as if Double Fine engulfs everything. As if Double Fine expands across the infinite. As if I never leave Double Fine.

But I never leave Double Fine anyway.

And good job, Nice Cup (do you have any nicknames? @_@ ). I may use the número uno (the glow on the second feels a bit harsh to me).

he likes to go by Mr.T

he likes to go by Mr.T
I'd rather not.

--

Exciting Mr T content interlude!

--

Durandana, you're probably right about the intensity of the glow.

I played around with it for ages and couldn't come up with anything

that jumped out at me, so I just went with what I had.

:: Here's another wallpaper, for people who have an orange fetish

(the colour, not the fruit. I'm not sure what a good

wallpaper for orange-coloured citrus fruit fanatics

would be. I'm not sure I want to appeal to that

demographic. Limes, on the other hand)

Wow, it works really well.

Using it now!

I might have it as my PS3 wallpaper too.

These Are Nice. Great Job. Do You Think You Could Fix It Up So It Tiles? I've Got A Large Screen And A Lot Of Tiling Wallpapers.
Ta. Wouldn't it look a bit weird with the logo repeated several times? I could just do a big one at whatever dimensions you require. Or I could make it tile, but then you'd probably get bits of the logo cut off at the edges of the screen.

I don't have a lot of experience with web development, so there might be a simpler way, but...

-go to home page, click the view menu, click view source

-find link to css 'style sheet' (http://www.doublefine.com/news.php?css=site/site_css.v.1225512448)

-go there, notice 'background' under 'body' (background: #000000 url("./themes/site_themes/default/background.jpg") repeat;)

-replace the dot with 'http://www.doublefine.com' and you're set.

Nice. That's A Good Little Factoid.

Or if you're using Firefox, right-click on the background and choose "View Background Image". The image is displayed, with the URL in the address bar.

You can then do this with various elements of the forum to see how inefficiently it's constructed :-P

lol thats cute. i got the tasha wall paper on my computer at school. its funny cuz theres this girl in class that looks kinda like her drawings and i always joke about it.

Sign in to follow this