• Announcements

• Spaff

These Forums are closing!   10/04/2019

After more than a decade of serving this community well, these forums have finally run their course and it's time to close them down. That doesn't mean we want to close the doors on our community, quite the opposite!
      Our discord server grows ever busier by the day, and we encourage all Double Fine fans to meet us over there www.discord.gg/doublefine In a short time these forums will become a read only archive and will remain that way until they become needed again.
      You never know, it might happen.  There is... a prophecy. Thank you all for being part of these forums, and remember that the fun is definitely not over - so please join us on Discord! Love ya, Spaff, Tim, Info Cow, and all of Double Fine.
Lasd

Bad Golf: Community Edition

That would be great - other folks are already working on more models, from what I could gather. If I have time later I'd love to tackle some more characters, a full DF/AF roster would definitely be extremely cool to have up for selection :)

I'm loving the amazing progress the gameplay programming folks get into the game each day, and the GUI elements and music already approaches great polish levels!

Thanks for the positive feedback on the face anim, there's lots of good reference to get the happy face right, but the angry pose is completely speculative :D

My vote vor characters is Tim, obviously, and as a 4th one it would be nice to have a girl, Anna maybe.

Then Again, Raz would make an awesome bobble head character:

Raaaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzz!

tumblr_mkps0oCE8z1rsrynko1_1280.jpg

My vote vor characters is Tim, obviously, and as a 4th one it would be nice to have a girl, Anna maybe.

Raaaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzz!

Anna is already in the works I think :) Taekon has done a great concept drawing of her and put it in the github issue for character models.

Anna is already in the works I think :) Taekon has done a great concept drawing of her and put it in the github issue for character models.

Oh man. If Jane were still here, I'd say put a Jane in there and then cover her in cats. One on her head, one on her shoulder, one climbing up her leg, etc.

Oh man. If Jane were still here, I'd say put a Jane in there and then cover her in cats. One on her head, one on her shoulder, one climbing up her leg, etc.

LOL at that Brad animation, totally reminds me of him!

tn8eK4K.gif

I7cv5FQ.gif

eM11CRn.gif

qtuUOWV.gif

I am giggling SO HARD at these. It is perfection. :D

LOL at that Brad animation, totally reminds me of him!

tn8eK4K.gif

I7cv5FQ.gif

eM11CRn.gif

qtuUOWV.gif

I am giggling SO HARD at these. It is perfection. :D

DID SOMEONE SAY YOU WANT TO PUT CATS ON ME?

sorry got excited.

(waving from 3 blocks away)

DID SOMEONE SAY YOU WANT TO PUT CATS ON ME?

sorry got excited.

(waving from 3 blocks away)

I might be able to help with doing some concept art and music. I might also be able to help with a little bit of modeling though I'm still very new to blender. Any specific needs?

I might be able to help with doing some concept art and music. I might also be able to help with a little bit of modeling though I'm still very new to blender. Any specific needs?

Okay so, I had an idea last night, but I'm really not sure if they’d technically be allowed. I don’t know the extent of which we can dip into Doublefine's Kool-Aid(?).
By that I mean… Well, you all seemed pretty iffy just about making a splash screen using Doublefine's logo, which is completely understandable of course, but if small things like that can cause legal problems this idea would most likely be crossing the line too, but I still thought I might as well throw it out there considering the fact it’s a fan game and all.
So I was really just thinking of the different golfer models that’ll eventually make their way into the game. I love the fact that you’re all pulling them from Doublefine’s team, but I think it’d be pretty cool to be able to unlock golfers and carts from other Doublefine games. Of course this would be something way down the line priority-wise (assuming it’s even a possibility legally), but I think it’d be pretty badass to unlock Eddie Riggs and drive around in a motorcycle/golf cart. Or a Cadence demon from Massive Chalice in a misty looking forgetfulness cart. The two dudes that form the Doublefine logo itself. Shay and Vella too... You get the idea

Chibi___Eddie_Riggs_by_ElectroCereal.jpg

Okay so, I had an idea last night, but I'm really not sure if they’d technically be allowed. I don’t know the extent of which we can dip into Doublefine's Kool-Aid(?).
By that I mean… Well, you all seemed pretty iffy just about making a splash screen using Doublefine's logo, which is completely understandable of course, but if small things like that can cause legal problems this idea would most likely be crossing the line too, but I still thought I might as well throw it out there considering the fact it’s a fan game and all.
So I was really just thinking of the different golfer models that’ll eventually make their way into the game. I love the fact that you’re all pulling them from Doublefine’s team, but I think it’d be pretty cool to be able to unlock golfers and carts from other Doublefine games. Of course this would be something way down the line priority-wise (assuming it’s even a possibility legally), but I think it’d be pretty badass to unlock Eddie Riggs and drive around in a motorcycle/golf cart. Or a Cadence demon from Massive Chalice in a misty looking forgetfulness cart. The two dudes that form the Doublefine logo itself. Shay and Vella too... You get the idea

Raaaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzz!

I totally vote for a Razzzz Model !!!!

Raaaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzz!

I totally vote for a Razzzz Model !!!!

This project is awesome and I wish I was more free so I could contribute something substantial to it D: I'm a student developer with pretty decent knowledge of Unity (working in it for a Software Engineering course / my own project for the last 8 months), and I'm willing to contribute the NGUI plugin / perhaps some basic UI to the source if you guys want it. If you're still working on this in a week or two, I might be able to help out more with programming / design work, if it's needed. I'll join your IRC channel at some point to chat, but feel free to send me a reply or PM if you would like the NGUI assets!

This project is awesome and I wish I was more free so I could contribute something substantial to it D: I'm a student developer with pretty decent knowledge of Unity (working in it for a Software Engineering course / my own project for the last 8 months), and I'm willing to contribute the NGUI plugin / perhaps some basic UI to the source if you guys want it. If you're still working on this in a week or two, I might be able to help out more with programming / design work, if it's needed. I'll join your IRC channel at some point to chat, but feel free to send me a reply or PM if you would like the NGUI assets!

As far as I understand this project from a legal standpoint, we cannot profit from any of the content we put into it (CC-NC). DF has given us the greenlight to continue fleshing out their wholly owned IP for the fun of it, and they are free to ask us to take down anything we create. Given that, I don't see how creating Brad Muir's likeness in game is very different from creating Eddie Riggs, since we don't have the rights to either property. This project is made possible by DF's good graces. So I'd say go crazy, create whatever you want for it, as long as you respect their wishes.