• Announcements

• Spaff

These Forums are closing!   10/04/2019

After more than a decade of serving this community well, these forums have finally run their course and it's time to close them down. That doesn't mean we want to close the doors on our community, quite the opposite!
      Our discord server grows ever busier by the day, and we encourage all Double Fine fans to meet us over there www.discord.gg/doublefine In a short time these forums will become a read only archive and will remain that way until they become needed again.
      You never know, it might happen.  There is... a prophecy. Thank you all for being part of these forums, and remember that the fun is definitely not over - so please join us on Discord! Love ya, Spaff, Tim, Info Cow, and all of Double Fine.
Lasd

Bad Golf: Community Edition

Okay so, I had an idea last night, but I'm really not sure if they’d technically be allowed. I don’t know the extent of which we can dip into Doublefine's Kool-Aid(?).
By that I mean… Well, you all seemed pretty iffy just about making a splash screen using Doublefine's logo, which is completely understandable of course, but if small things like that can cause legal problems this idea would most likely be crossing the line too, but I still thought I might as well throw it out there considering the fact it’s a fan game and all.
So I was really just thinking of the different golfer models that’ll eventually make their way into the game. I love the fact that you’re all pulling them from Doublefine’s team, but I think it’d be pretty cool to be able to unlock golfers and carts from other Doublefine games. Of course this would be something way down the line priority-wise (assuming it’s even a possibility legally), but I think it’d be pretty badass to unlock Eddie Riggs and drive around in a motorcycle/golf cart. Or a Cadence demon from Massive Chalice in a misty looking forgetfulness cart. The two dudes that form the Doublefine logo itself. Shay and Vella too... You get the idea

Chibi___Eddie_Riggs_by_ElectroCereal.jpg

As far as I understand this project from a legal standpoint, we cannot profit from any of the content we put into it (CC-NC). DF has given us the greenlight to continue fleshing out their wholly owned IP for the fun of it, and they are free to ask us to take down anything we create. Given that, I don't see how creating Brad Muir's likeness in game is very different from creating Eddie Riggs, since we don't have the rights to either property. This project is made possible by DF's good graces. So I'd say go crazy, create whatever you want for it, as long as you respect their wishes.

This is looking great, guys! Should any need for video come up, let me know! :)

This is looking great, guys! Should any need for video come up, let me know! :)

Oh man. If Jane were still here, I'd say put a Jane in there and then cover her in cats. One on her head, one on her shoulder, one climbing up her leg, etc.

DID SOMEONE SAY YOU WANT TO PUT CATS ON ME?

sorry got excited.

(waving from 3 blocks away)

Do cats play Golf or just Bad Golf?

Oh man. If Jane were still here, I'd say put a Jane in there and then cover her in cats. One on her head, one on her shoulder, one climbing up her leg, etc.

sorry got excited.

Do cats play Golf or just Bad Golf?

sorry got excited.

It's our Jane! *waves back from hundreds of miles away*

For characters, I suggest DaveG.

He spends more time putting around the office than animating.

Heyoooooo!

sorry got excited.

It's our Jane! *waves back from hundreds of miles away*

For characters, I suggest DaveG.

He spends more time putting around the office than animating.

Heyoooooo!

Hey, instead of the person who wins the Bad Golf tournament being awarded the green jacket, they should be awarded the Hackett Jacket.

Hey, instead of the person who wins the Bad Golf tournament being awarded the green jacket, they should be awarded the Hackett Jacket.

Guys - I've gotta say.... this is AMAZING!!! You all are doing great work here!

Guys - I've gotta say.... this is AMAZING!!! You all are doing great work here!

So, I really wanted to help out on this project and I sort of noticed that you guys don't have any dialogue. So I wrote some, now this is really hyper-aggresive stuff so sorry for that DF employees but I made sure that the character descriptions explained that. I'm going to add more dialogue lines for crashing into other characters, but for now I'm going to start work on Brad. Who always reminds me of Olaf from Frozen (Seriously Brad, that smile.) If you don't like it you don't have to add it, but I thought that it wouldn't take too much time and it's a nice touch.

PATRICK: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DP1uZUyZowyMAVgrVPxX6pfVtEzvPywnImjLvDbyaxk/edit?usp=sharing

BRAD & OTHERS COMING SOON

(If any DF guys would like to voice these lines then that would make my dreams come true all at once._

So, I really wanted to help out on this project and I sort of noticed that you guys don't have any dialogue. So I wrote some, now this is really hyper-aggresive stuff so sorry for that DF employees but I made sure that the character descriptions explained that. I'm going to add more dialogue lines for crashing into other characters, but for now I'm going to start work on Brad. Who always reminds me of Olaf from Frozen (Seriously Brad, that smile.) If you don't like it you don't have to add it, but I thought that it wouldn't take too much time and it's a nice touch.

PATRICK: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DP1uZUyZowyMAVgrVPxX6pfVtEzvPywnImjLvDbyaxk/edit?usp=sharing

BRAD & OTHERS COMING SOON

(If any DF guys would like to voice these lines then that would make my dreams come true all at once._

Posted some really quick really sketchy Dave Gardner head ref on the GitHub, and here's an extra thing because why not (sketched based on a still in AF 2014 Ep 4)

AZquLUM.jpg

Posted some really quick really sketchy Dave Gardner head ref on the GitHub, and here's an extra thing because why not (sketched based on a still in AF 2014 Ep 4)

AZquLUM.jpg

Hey guys - hope I'm not treading on any toes but wanted to have a crack at some game UI :)

Used lightsoda's as a base so as not to deviate too much plus I'm not heaps sure of any specific requirements. Could still use some polishing but I've spent enough time on it for now.

Anyway, no worries if it's the wrong direction / you guys already have everything you need, just wanted to step off the sidelines for a bit ;)

lobby_online_mock_02.jpg

Hey guys - hope I'm not treading on any toes but wanted to have a crack at some game UI :)

Used lightsoda's as a base so as not to deviate too much plus I'm not heaps sure of any specific requirements. Could still use some polishing but I've spent enough time on it for now.

Anyway, no worries if it's the wrong direction / you guys already have everything you need, just wanted to step off the sidelines for a bit ;)

lobby_online_mock_02.jpg

Awesome Dave! Awesome lobby, (but you spelled colors wrong) and Muirfield is funny.

Awesome Dave! Awesome lobby, (but you spelled colors wrong) and Muirfield is funny.

I seriously hope that's sarcasm. I mean, maybe it is ignorance, but that's just sad.

In case it is ignorance:

He spelled "colours" properly for his regional dialect of English. His region probably being England, one of the [former] territories of England, or Europe. American English spells it color, and British English spells it colour. Either is technically correct. (But I will start a fight with anyone who asserts that "maths" is the proper way to refer to a single math(ematics) class.)

I seriously hope that's sarcasm. I mean, maybe it is ignorance, but that's just sad.

In case it is ignorance:

He spelled "colours" properly for his regional dialect of English. His region probably being England, one of the [former] territories of England, or Europe. American English spells it color, and British English spells it colour. Either is technically correct. (But I will start a fight with anyone who asserts that "maths" is the proper way to refer to a single math(ematics) class.)

In case it is ignorance:

SEMICOLONDEE