Lasd

Bad Golf: Community Edition

Awesome Dave! Awesome lobby, (but you spelled colors wrong) and Muirfield is funny.

I seriously hope that's sarcasm. I mean, maybe it is ignorance, but that's just sad.

In case it is ignorance:

He spelled "colours" properly for his regional dialect of English. His region probably being England, one of the [former] territories of England, or Europe. American English spells it color, and British English spells it colour. Either is technically correct. (But I will start a fight with anyone who asserts that "maths" is the proper way to refer to a single math(ematics) class.)

SEMICOLONDEE

Awesome Dave! Awesome lobby, (but you spelled colors wrong) and Muirfield is funny.

Technically, he's using the British spelling of "colour" which is still correct but not really used in the USA.

But really, everything that you've all done is just so amazing! And multi-platform to boot!

Technically, he's using the British spelling of "colour" which is still correct but not really used in the USA.

But really, everything that you've all done is just so amazing! And multi-platform to boot!

I seriously hope that's sarcasm. I mean, maybe it is ignorance, but that's just sad.

In case it is ignorance:

He spelled "colours" properly for his regional dialect of English. His region probably being England, one of the [former] territories of England, or Europe. American English spells it color, and British English spells it colour. Either is technically correct. (But I will start a fight with anyone who asserts that "maths" is the proper way to refer to a single math(ematics) class.)

SEMICOLONDEE

I'm tired and pedantic. Sorry. I don't see where the semi-colon should go. After 'England', an 'territories of England'? In place of the "and" between "color" and "British"?

Edit: Ahh. Yes. I appear to be a moron, as per my username. ;D to you as well.

In case it is ignorance:

SEMICOLONDEE

I'm tired and pedantic. Sorry. I don't see where the semi-colon should go. After 'England', an 'territories of England'? In place of the "and" between "color" and "British"?

Edit: Ahh. Yes. I appear to be a moron, as per my username. ;D to you as well.

Cheers man!

haha "wrong"... And yeh i couldn't believe my luck when searching course names and found that Muirfield is a real golf course in Scotland :D

edit

all those posts about my spelling went up while i had this open! - yeh I'm from Sydney and being all colonial and such we use british english (english english if you will :P)

Cheers man!

haha "wrong"... And yeh i couldn't believe my luck when searching course names and found that Muirfield is a real golf course in Scotland :D

edit

all those posts about my spelling went up while i had this open! - yeh I'm from Sydney and being all colonial and such we use british english (english english if you will :P)

Posted some really quick really sketchy Dave Gardner head ref on the GitHub, and here's an extra thing because why not (sketched based on a still in AF 2014 Ep 4)

AZquLUM.jpg

mate, thats pretty epic... i need to draw more.

Posted some really quick really sketchy Dave Gardner head ref on the GitHub, and here's an extra thing because why not (sketched based on a still in AF 2014 Ep 4)

AZquLUM.jpg

mate, thats pretty epic... i need to draw more.

Hey, I know I'm late to the party, but I also wanted to throw out some UI ideas:

dsx2oPL.jpg

Obviously this wouldn't work for the network mode (32 players per match), but I was thinking of something like this being used for local multiplayer.

I also don't mean to step on any toes. Just wanted to throw some ideas into the mix.

Thoughts?

Hey, I know I'm late to the party, but I also wanted to throw out some UI ideas:

dsx2oPL.jpg

Obviously this wouldn't work for the network mode (32 players per match), but I was thinking of something like this being used for local multiplayer.

I also don't mean to step on any toes. Just wanted to throw some ideas into the mix.

Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Where is the cart select? Would that be the next screen?

Thoughts?

Yes? Maybe?

Haha. To be totally honest, I forgot about cart select. It could be on the next screen, though maybe people would want to choose all that stuff at the same time.

I'll think of some other ideas.

Yes? Maybe?

Haha. To be totally honest, I forgot about cart select. It could be on the next screen, though maybe people would want to choose all that stuff at the same time.

I'll think of some other ideas.

Hey cool klamp - I like the simplicity of this - I suppose you could just assign a cart to match the chosen colour (there's that pesky 'u' again :P) - if it was locked to four player you could make colours unavailable if already chosen by another player? Might help with player readability in game?

Hey cool klamp - I like the simplicity of this - I suppose you could just assign a cart to match the chosen colour (there's that pesky 'u' again :P) - if it was locked to four player you could make colours unavailable if already chosen by another player? Might help with player readability in game?

dsx2oPL.jpg

Thoughts?

Very warm, very friendly. The painting is nice. Your design removes the redundancy of seeing all your parts (head, shirt, cart) and the model with everything showing. The cart will match the player color then? I think that makes a more pleasing looking game.

You must be in Seattle if you're working with Zombie Studios? I live in Seattle too.

dsx2oPL.jpg

Thoughts?

Very warm, very friendly. The painting is nice. Your design removes the redundancy of seeing all your parts (head, shirt, cart) and the model with everything showing. The cart will match the player color then? I think that makes a more pleasing looking game.

You must be in Seattle if you're working with Zombie Studios? I live in Seattle too.

Thanks! I might take another pass on this to utilize the screen space a bit more. I have a feeling people would want to choose their cart on this same screen, and I feel like that could be fit in if I just use a bit of creative thinking.

And yeah, I agree with your point about forcing players to choose different colors. Would definitely help with clarity in game.

You must be in Seattle if you're working with Zombie Studios? I'm there too.

Thanks! Yeah, I think it'd be cool if the cart matched the player color, but maybe they could choose which model of cart they wanted?

And yes, I'm in Seattle at Zombie Studios. Do you work for a company around here?

Thanks! I might take another pass on this to utilize the screen space a bit more. I have a feeling people would want to choose their cart on this same screen, and I feel like that could be fit in if I just use a bit of creative thinking.

And yeah, I agree with your point about forcing players to choose different colors. Would definitely help with clarity in game.

You must be in Seattle if you're working with Zombie Studios? I'm there too.

Thanks! Yeah, I think it'd be cool if the cart matched the player color, but maybe they could choose which model of cart they wanted?

And yes, I'm in Seattle at Zombie Studios. Do you work for a company around here?

This is looking great, guys! Should any need for video come up, let me know! :)

Video of all our builds are welcome! We haven't really got anybody on it at this point, but it would be wonderful to get a visual progression reel going :)

Also, Taekon, that's a lovely sketch! :D

This is looking great, guys! Should any need for video come up, let me know! :)

Video of all our builds are welcome! We haven't really got anybody on it at this point, but it would be wonderful to get a visual progression reel going :)

Also, Taekon, that's a lovely sketch! :D

Hey just throwing it out there - for simplicity sake - what are people's thoughts on treating character/colour selection more like mario kart where each character can only be chosen once and have their own pre-determined visual style? It would mean that you could just design a colour style/golf cart for each character and reduce the amount of user selection down to 1 decision. Could be a good dev time saver, would simplify the UI and would potentially help aid in player readability during the game?

Anyway just a thought :)

-Marty

Hey just throwing it out there - for simplicity sake - what are people's thoughts on treating character/colour selection more like mario kart where each character can only be chosen once and have their own pre-determined visual style? It would mean that you could just design a colour style/golf cart for each character and reduce the amount of user selection down to 1 decision. Could be a good dev time saver, would simplify the UI and would potentially help aid in player readability during the game?

Anyway just a thought :)

-Marty

Update time! :D

It looks like we'll hold off on doing our third build till tomorrow so that we can bring in some of the networking refactoring that we've got underway.

george has been working on a turf spray particle effect

438bd66e-9f53-11e3-8be3-704c543aa419.jpg

Taekon has done some concept art for a "Bad Golf 3: 2015" t-shirt player texture (issue #137

a29103ea-9f68-11e3-83c8-da1c9b2e0c35.jpg

Taekon has also been working on some Dave G character concept art (issue #1)

35fdc40a-9f7e-11e3-8abe-d4e93b1f59c3.png

DMann3D has been working on an Anna player head (issue #1)

2184488e-9f68-11e3-8cf8-dfce40a8b7ac.png

Austin Carr has been working on more minimap icons (issue #119)

8a02eb0e-9f68-11e3-84dd-27e65798d992.png

Austin Carr has also been working on chat indicator icons (issue #147)

PJrJ9fh.gif

MaritalWheat has been working on getting chat indicators into the game (issues #17)

9cd53786-9f7d-11e3-92b0-bb28e59c22d8.jpg

klamp has been working on some lobby UI concepts (issue #100)

6ce67936-9f91-11e3-8f35-70e70e6ec4e1.png

mrsopkip has been putting together some course concepts (issue #4)

7ccGF.png

Josh_S has made some more texturing refinements to his cart (issue #2)

elneilios has been working some more on music tracks (issue #8)

Ronnrein has been working on mouse camera rotation control for carts (issue #133)

MaritalWheat has been working on chat bubble functionality (issue #25)

Taekon has been finishing up the player model colour mask (issue #1)

Kor has been working on some victory/loss music cues (issue #11)

Lokno has working on automatic respawn on map fall-out (issue #140)

Tinykidtoo has been looking at drifting functionality (drifting functionality)

ShaneD53 has been looking at some possible character dialogue (issue #148)

bobsayshilol and Goldenheaven have been working on refactoring network code and bringing the golf mechanics across to online multiplayer mode (issue #20)

bobsayshilol has also put together a new guide on how the networking process works.

gsm has again been helpful in creating issues and wiki pages!

We've been in the news again today, including Shoost giving us a second round of coverage talking about our latest build, and

mentioning us in their videocast (at 19:30).

Tim also played our latest build during the Twitch stream (and managed to find some bugs!), and I've been invited to make a guest appearance on Friday's stream (at whatever this time happens to be for you when you read this) to talk about our progress. Excitement!

Update time! :D

It looks like we'll hold off on doing our third build till tomorrow so that we can bring in some of the networking refactoring that we've got underway.

george has been working on a turf spray particle effect

438bd66e-9f53-11e3-8be3-704c543aa419.jpg

Taekon has done some concept art for a "Bad Golf 3: 2015" t-shirt player texture (issue #137

a29103ea-9f68-11e3-83c8-da1c9b2e0c35.jpg

Taekon has also been working on some Dave G character concept art (issue #1)

35fdc40a-9f7e-11e3-8abe-d4e93b1f59c3.png

DMann3D has been working on an Anna player head (issue #1)

2184488e-9f68-11e3-8cf8-dfce40a8b7ac.png

Austin Carr has been working on more minimap icons (issue #119)

8a02eb0e-9f68-11e3-84dd-27e65798d992.png

Austin Carr has also been working on chat indicator icons (issue #147)

PJrJ9fh.gif

MaritalWheat has been working on getting chat indicators into the game (issues #17)

9cd53786-9f7d-11e3-92b0-bb28e59c22d8.jpg

klamp has been working on some lobby UI concepts (issue #100)

6ce67936-9f91-11e3-8f35-70e70e6ec4e1.png

mrsopkip has been putting together some course concepts (issue #4)

7ccGF.png

Josh_S has made some more texturing refinements to his cart (issue #2)

elneilios has been working some more on music tracks (issue #8)

Ronnrein has been working on mouse camera rotation control for carts (issue #133)

MaritalWheat has been working on chat bubble functionality (issue #25)

Taekon has been finishing up the player model colour mask (issue #1)

Kor has been working on some victory/loss music cues (issue #11)

Lokno has working on automatic respawn on map fall-out (issue #140)

Tinykidtoo has been looking at drifting functionality (drifting functionality)

ShaneD53 has been looking at some possible character dialogue (issue #148)

bobsayshilol and Goldenheaven have been working on refactoring network code and bringing the golf mechanics across to online multiplayer mode (issue #20)

bobsayshilol has also put together a new guide on how the networking process works.

gsm has again been helpful in creating issues and wiki pages!

We've been in the news again today, including Shoost giving us a second round of coverage talking about our latest build, and

mentioning us in their videocast (at 19:30).

Tim also played our latest build during the Twitch stream (and managed to find some bugs!), and I've been invited to make a guest appearance on Friday's stream (at whatever this time happens to be for you when you read this) to talk about our progress. Excitement!

Tim also played our latest build during the Twitch stream (and managed to find some bugs!)

Fixes for those are already on the way!

Tim is always welcomed to submit bug reports :)