Lasd

Bad Golf: Community Edition

was thinking that 1 snapped golf club could be cool instead of 2 mini golf clubs? kind of fits with the theme of the game :)

edit:

or a bent/run over golf clubs :D

I'm not certain that a snapped golf club would be visually identifiable.

It's important to remember that in logos, it's rare for to have expectations of realistic scale. We're looking at a stylised representation of golf clubs and a skull. For this particular design, maintaining consistency with common skull-and-crossbones motifs is more important than aiming for accuracy of proportional size. if it makes it easier, consider it to be two normal sized golf clubs and one massive skull :D

yeh I had wondered about that myself but was just thinking other ideas out loud too :) Something that would def be left on the cutting room floor in the design process

Edit: Replaced the original image with the new version, because my calligraphy was terrible.

Great work so far, Bad Golf team! I made this silly Bad Golf Double Fine Community logo on a whim today, just for fun.

DF_BadGolf_Community.png

Great work so far, Bad Golf team! I made this silly Bad Golf Double Fine Community logo on a whim today, just for fun.

DF_BadGolf_Community.png

That's awesome! Might wanna check with Justin if you can use it, though. It's good to specify that it's DF community and not DF, but I have a feeling things might get legally awkward in regard to using the 2HB logo, with or without the "community" bit attached.

That's awesome! Might wanna check with Justin if you can use it, though. It's good to specify that it's DF community and not DF, but I have a feeling things might get legally awkward in regard to using the 2HB logo, with or without the "community" bit attached.

I've reached out to Justin to see if we can get some thoughts. If it gets the thumbs up, I'd love to use it as a splash screen in the game, get everybody involved recording themselves shouting "Double Fine community!" and play them all at once over the top (like BL's "Double Fine" voice overs during the 2HB splash screen).

WOW ! Just WOW ! oO

Right now this is the game i'm looking forward the most during this Amnesia Fortnight. You guys rock ! :D

Today's status update is going to be delayed a little bit while bobsayshilol reorganises our folder structure. If people can hold off before forking, and pull when we're done, that'd be great!

Woo, another day, another status update!

HuitreMagique is working on some player animations, including this player swing (issue #3).

Additional sounds from sudiocraze (issue #13)

Updated audio track from jasondesante (issue #8)

bobsayshilol has started to refactor our folder structure and look at naming convention (issue #63)

Improved car sim from Slimline (issue #21)

More network improvements from bobsayshilol (issue #20)

Brad face animation from xexano (issue #59)

Expect more exciting updates over the next couple of days as we start bringing together the features and content we've accumulated so far!

Also, big thanks to Greg and Patrick for giving us a shoutout during the stream! :D

Off-Topic:

Yeah. Answer from Replay Games: "Your Box was shipped out on February 11, 2014"

Revision of the logo I made so that its further removed from the original.

DF_BadGolf_Community_Recolor.png

Could try to make some objects for the game and exporting them to a .obj format. I work within Lightwave so the base models are .lwo's, if you're making this in Blender I can toss those over instead. Sound good?

Revision of the logo I made so that its further removed from the original.

DF_BadGolf_Community_Recolor.png

For some reason I thought Double Fan Community would be a nice take on that. I wonder if we could get Double Fine to include it in the bundle, or if there's legal issues with that...

I love this! I am a programmer also but I think you guys have those coming out of your ears so I'd like to submit something else to you. I am also a musician/composer and naturally, Bad Golf requires some Bad Music. I created an utterly ridiculous piece of hard metal for a competition a while back. I'm thinking it could be part of the soundtrack for Bad Golf?? Have a listen, if you want it, download it and use it with my blessing (give it a minute for the insanity to kick in!).

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=183977&songID=10820687

I can also compose more music specifically for the project, just give me s short brief and I'll see what I can come up with :)

p.s. if you wanted some more serious sounding pieces, have a trawl through my Soundcloud page

and again, feel free to download and use anything you want

Some tracks I thought could fit:

(could be looped for menu music)

Even though this might already be taken care of, I decided to start on a golf cart.

Nice work!

You can see others' progress with cart models in issue #2. Feel free to post you progress there.

For the moment, we're aiming for open top golf carts as this gives us the ability for the character models to be more visible and expressive.We'll likely still include all contributed carts as a user selectable option, though that feature is not a high priority at this stage in development.

If you haven't already, grab the Patrick character model from the main repo or from here and make sure that its scale and proportions match :)

I love this! I am a programmer also but I think you guys have those coming out of your ears so I’d like to submit something else to you. I am also a musician/composer and naturally' date=' Bad Golf requires some Bad Music. I created an utterly ridiculous piece of hard metal for a competition a while back. I’m thinking it could be part of the soundtrack for Bad Golf?? Have a listen, if you want it, download it and use it with my blessing (give it a minute for the insanity to kick in!).[/quote']

Great!

Right now, we don't have a brief as such. jasondesante has come up with a title track that everybody seems to appreciate, so that'll likely to set a direction for the rest of the game (although we're aiming for something with a lounge/light jazz feel for the multiplayer lobby).

Looking forward to seeing what people come up with!

As a short term roadmap update, our current priorities can be divided into three fronts:

* Merging networking from bobsayshilol, the new cart mechanics from Slimline and the initial golf simulation from Lasd together into one scene (lightsoda has made some initial progress in this direction)

* Bringing Fatmandu's test course terrain, lightsoda's texturing, invadererik's character model and xexano's cart model together as current assets for all testing (lightsoda has been coordinating most of this so far)

* Adding jasondesante's music, bales' UI sounds, and lightsoda's menu concept style to the main menu (being handled by Goldenheaven)

Wowww, that logo is hilarious and awesome. I honestly don't care "what Justin says," you should rock this shit regardless of his opinions.

This is already looking as good as your average AF project! Nice work, everybody!

I honestly don't care "what Justin says," you should rock this shit regardless of his opinions.

Ha ha, that's definitely not an option. Justin, Patrick, Tim, Greg and anybody else involved in the decision to be supportive of this project has been very generous with regard to allowing us to use DF copyrighted IP, and respecting their wishes is not only the decent thing to do, but it's also going to seriously scorch some bridges if we don't.

For now, Lokno's art is super awesome fan art that we all appreciate and love :)

This is already looking as good as your average AF project! Nice work, everybody!

Everybody's been doing awesome work :D

We're really fortunate to be doing this during AF, a time when people are most likely to see past rough edges and appreciate the direction that things are headed in. I'm really excited by where this project is going!

Another status update!

cea83eba-9907-11e3-8aee-968cd78f13cc.jpg

Lightsoda and Fatmandu worked on nailing down scale for the test course and lightsoda has been working on lighting and texturing (issue #67)

elneilios has offered up a music track and is keen to make more (issue #10)

Josh S. is working on another golf cart model as seen a couple of posts ago

ff75ef46-9980-11e3-8ba3-81660e7ac0ee.jpg

Taekon working on player skins (issue #1)

f9880a96-998b-11e3-9d53-3d5d5a9362ab.png

xexano working on initial Patrick facial animation (issue #1)

guiskin.jpg

lightsoda is updating the menu to match our recent concepts (issue #16)

Goldenhaven is adding jasondesante's title music track to the main menu (issue #8)

Unbelievably amazing. There are so many parts of this that are so great (that Patrick facial animation, for one). This AF's during a pretty busy time for me (and I expect to have limited internet access for all of next week), so I won't be contributing much, but I'll be cheering for this project. Here's hoping this becomes an annual thing!

Some more cart progress. I haven't merged the halves just yet, so there is a seam.

Nice work. Heh, actually the seam looks fitting, as its mostly visible on the seat cover.